Chapter 21

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jackie..."

Everyone was singing to me and cheered when I blew out the candles on my birthday cake.

This was my first birthday with my new family and it felt strange. There were a lot of people that I hadn't really met before,  lots of my mom's coworkers, and Ofcourse lots of family members and friends.

"Jackie! Happy birthday!" Bex says as she walks over to me and hugs me as tight as possible. I giggle and kiss her cheek "thanks aunt B" I say as my mom walks over to hand us a piece of cake. We both thank her and take the cake and sit down.

"So, you're getting older now, how does that feel?" Bex asks. "You're older than me, shouldn't you know already?" I ask jokingly and Bex nudges my shoulder and pretends to be offended.

The rest of the day I socialized with as many people as possible and got to know some new people which was nice.

When I went to bed, my mom came into my room and sat down with me. "I love you, Jackie" she whispered and I smiled softly at her. "I love you too, mom. You okay?" I asked and she nodded a little. "It's just that I've waited so long to be able to celebrate your birthday with you, and not without you." She says and I nod and hug her tight. "You'll never have to celebrate without me ever again mom"

This was definitely the best birthday ever!

A/N: sorry for me not updating in a while. The past year or so has been absolutely terrible and I've barely been able to do anything but I'll still update whenever I can