Chapter 18

There's this saying I've herd in a movie once. I believe the name was Sister Act 2. But it said "If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention". It's that same saying that motivates me in everything I do everyday. Whether it'd be school or my extracurriculars, I use it everyday in everything. And it's also the thing that's currently giving me the motivation to finish this chemistry final.

This test is five pages long and I'm literally dreading to do this last page. Beside me Ky, looks as if this final is nothing. He's breezing through each question so quickly. I mean it's not like the questions are hard; they just take forever to figure out. I drag through the last of the questions, turning it in right after.

Settling back into my seat, I put my head down into folded my arms. A few moments later, my shoulder gets nudged. From the direction the nudge was coming from, I knew it was Ky.

"So how'd you think you do" he whispers in a low voice after I give him my attention.

"Eh...alright" I whisper back, tilting my hand side to side. "You?"

"It was a little challenging" he answers. But from what I saw during the test, it looked like he was having absolutely no problems. Unless of course, he was just guessing. But I quickly disregard the thought considering he needs to keep a good GPA for football.

"Hey! No talking!" My teacher nearly shouts.

I duck my head in embarrassment after giving the teacher a quick nod. I don't like it when teachers do that. It pulls unwanted attention toward you. But I'd actually have that instead of being singled out by a teacher when they call out your name. That's messed up.

Soft chuckling sounds beside me. I turn my head, surprised to actually hear him chuckling. I think this is the closest I've ever heard him do that. But as soon as it came, I'm not longer surprised and I just simply glare at Ky. "What's so funny?" I harshly whisper at him. He shakes his head still chuckling and goes on his phone. After typing something, he points to his phone signaling that he wants me to go onto mine.

A text message from Ky pops up onto my screen and it reads:
Ky: It looked like you haven't been in trouble before.

I roll my eyes at the text. I forgot we had each other's numbers. We had to for a project we had early on in the year. Before I could type a reply, the bell rings. After collecting all of my belongings, I quicken my paste to catch up to Ky.

"I have gotten into trouble before by the way" I point out to him. Ky doesn't answer but just half smirks and just continues to look forward. A frown takes over my face. I actually thought he was going to have a full on conversation with me, considering the amount talking he did. But he's back to the same Ky everyone knows.

But I guess the only way to have him actually talk to you is if you ask him a question that doesn't require just a "yes" or a "no". And so I gather up the courage to ask him something I've been pondering on for a while. I wait to ask him until we reach my locker.

I hope he doesn't think I'm weird after I ask this. I'll be humiliated. So, after opening my locker, I take in a shaky breath and let it out slowly. "Uh...Ky, what did you mean when you said there's other fish in the sea?" I ask slowly but surely, making sure I pick the right words to say.

I try to read the expression on his face but he's so good at hiding his expressions. I can't read him. It doesn't look like he thinks I'm weird though. He ponders on it for what seemed like five-ever before answering.