FOUR

OCTAVIA SAT QUIETLY by Hermione who offered her a seat while they watched the Goblet of Fire. People from all three schools had come in and began to put their names in. The brunette noticed a blush creep on Hermione's cheeks when Viktor Krum walked in and placed his name in the fire, he gave her a curt nod as he walked out, only making her redder. Just as the other boy was leaving, Cedric Diggory (Octavia made it her mission to learn his name,) walked in followed by many of his housemates. Cedric was cheered on as he put his name in the Goblet, only to shoot Octavia a smile as he was carried out by his fellow Hufflepuffs. However the day hadn't gone by without some unsuccessful attempts, Fred and George Weasley had made their claim, only to fail miserably after Hermione's stern warning. It was quite a sight for Octavia to see in her first few weeks at Hogwarts.

Their free period ended quicker than Octavia would have liked, but alas she had to attend Potions with the Slytherins before her day was over. Her professor didn't seem quite fond of her, he made that rather evident on her first day, making a scoff about her Uncle. "I can only hope you'll turn out better."

That statement stuck with her as she entered the room for the dreaded lesson.

"So class, I'm going to be partnering you up for the term. No complaining, whining or trading" Snape ordered with a cold expression.

"Weasley, Thomas"

"Longbottom, Granger"

"Malfoy, Parkinson"

The partners kept going until—

"Clarke, Potter"

Octavia went over to her shared table with Harry, who was patiently waiting for her with a smile, "Hey partner." He greeted.

"Hey." She plopped her things down next to him.

"Ooo looks like Potters got a new girl, What a pity she's pretty." A voice came from a few desks behind them, belonging to an obnoxiously blonde haired boy.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Octavia turned around, a cold glare painted across her face.

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. Pureblood"

"Well Draco I'm first off I'm nobody's girl." Octavia started with an agitated tone, "Secondly, I don't remember asking your sorry arse for an opinion, because what a pity that you're a git!" She snarled from her seat.

Harry laughed so did just about every Gryffindor in the room, Ron was practically rolling on the floor. Draco got red and turned around muttering something like 'You're gonna regret that'.

After that she rolled her eyes and began the potion of the day with Harry. Octavia was pretty good at Potions, so she and Harry did fairly well, Snape looked rather disappointed at that. The greasy old man certainly seemed to have a nasty grudge against the two.

Class ended far too slowly for the girl, but when it did, she was immediately pulled out the door by the trio.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron had grin on his face.

"Oh with Malfoy? Draco Malfoy?" She mocked, "It's nothing, besides it's not like Harry and I are a thing anyway"

Octavia saw a frown creep onto Harry's face from the corner of her eye as she finished her statement.

"Come on Octavia, lets go" Hermione nudged after a moment.

Octavia swore as they were walking away she heard Harry say "Yet" under his breath. Hermione pulled her all the way to their final class, which Octavia didn't focus in either. Her brain was elsewhere as she sat through a boring lecture.

The brunette found her mind wandering back to Cedric as they exited the room, and just her luck the handsome sandy haired boy was walking down the hallway at that very time. Octavia went to open her mouth and approach him, but was cut off by Hermione dragging her body elsewhere.

"Blimey Hermione, I was gonna talk to him" Octavia turned with a small chuckle as her arm was released.

"Oh whatever," Hermione laughed back hesitantly, "I needed you more anyway!"

"For what exactly?"

"The Herbology essay!"

Octavia rolled her eyes with a groan, she had only just met this girl and she was being bombarded with studying.

"And that's more important than talking to an attractive guy?"

"Yes!"

Oh Hermione. Although she probably did have an Herbology essay, Octavia knew that she had probably already done it. So something was up, she just don't know what quite yet, but still she found herself walking to the library.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Harry! Wait!" Octavia called running after him down the long corridor.

"Go away Octavia!" He shouted back, not turning to face her.

"I believe you!" She shouted, stopping short of breath.

Harry had just been chosen as the fourth Triwizard champion along with Fleur Delacouer, Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory. No one believes that he didn't put his name in. Giving that he's underage this sparked quite the uproar among students and teachers alike. But Octavia believed him. She had to, if she didn't that meant he was a liar, and she couldn't deal with a liar in her life. So Octavia had to believe him.

"You do?" He stopped and turned to the girl, his anger fading.

She nodded and walked over to him.

"And if I'm going to help you, you need to tell me everything that happens from now on

"Deal" he nodded, grateful for her sincerity.

"You just can't escape can you?" Octavia sighed.

"Never" he replied.

"We'll get through this"

"We?"

"We're kinda friends aren't we?"

She promised herself she wouldn't open up, and she hadn't, but she had to help Harry somehow. It wasn't fair, and Octavia knew how much it sucks when things are turned against you. Octavia's heart had warmed ever so slightly, maybe the stone cold thing would fade after all.