Frustration

Written while listening to "Human" by Christina Perri.

Really short.

...

"WHERE IS HE?!" Karasu yelled desperately, fists white and eyes wide when Sakumo revealed that Kakashi was just... GONE. Obito was beside her with equally wide eyes, fingers trembling to hold onto the last gift Kakashi gave him. The groceries lay forgotten on the floor beside her, fruits scattered.

Sakumo stood across them in their house, head down with his form slack. 

Then he looked up with such tired eyes it made Karasu freeze and finally realize, how much guilt her husband must be feeling. Her face crumpled and she ran forward to catch him as he started swaying.

"I... I'm..." he started whispering, but Obito came in to hug him as well from the side, brow scrunched up.

Sakumo's breathing grew heavier and soon Karasu felt her shoulder dampen. Sakumo held his face with his palm, gritting his teeth.

"I- I let Kakashi get taken, right in front of me, just like that...!" he grit out then started crying his heart out while holding his wife as close as he could. She closed her eyes and held him close as well, offering all the comfort she could.

Sometimes they needed to remember...

He was only human.

Obito let go and silently went to his room, passing by Kakashi's.

He stopped and debated entering, before giving in and stepping into the bland room.

Books. Books. Boo- He spotted a note on Kakashi's bed, freezing at the specific words "If I'm Gone" on it.

...

Clone Kakashi sat alone at his table, the piece of paper in front of him.

Kakashi has been gone for a very long time so the chances of this happening is... Quite high. He thought worriedly.

He shakily took a pencil and wrote hesitantly.

If I'm Gone.

...

To Obito Uchiha, Hatake Sakumo, Hatake Karasu, Nohara Rin and Minato Namikaze.

My Precious people.

If I'm gone, then I have failed completely. Probably dead. But no matter, I have changed the course of the future completely. I'll be watching helplessly from the heavens, who knows, maybe they'll give me another chance.

You may think I'm crazy but who cares, everyone's a little.

Now my... Final words.

...

To Nohara Rin,

I may not be as close to you but you are my team mate and Obito's good friend. You are a very nice girl and please take care of Obito for me, he's quite troublesome sometimes.

But he's a nice boy, I'm sure he'll take care of you as well.

Thank you for being so kind to me.

...

To Sakumo Hatake,

I... I don't know what happened. But just know, I'm sorry for leaving so early. You may have the most questions that I can't answer. But there's one thing that I'm sure off.

I loved you, truly, and I will risk my life for yours any day.

I love you. 

I forgive you.