Brides and Prejudice

As you can tell, this is loosely based off Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice...

~~~~

"Lissa!"

Elisabeth looked up as she ascended the escalator to see her oldest sister jumping up and down, her hair swishing in its pony tail. Her slim figure was clad in a pair of boot leg jeans and a black button up.

"Jean!" Lissa cried as she ran to hug her sister. "I thought I told you that you didn't need to pick me up from the airport." Lissa said as she put an arm around her sister's waist so they could start to walk together, like they had done since they were young.

"And do I ever listen?" Jean said as she tucked a loose dark curl of Lissa's behind her ear. "I haven't seen you in six months, how did you expect me to wait for even one more minute when I had this opportunity!"

Lissa laughed as she hugged her sister. "I would've stayed in Italy longer if it wasn't for my oldest and favoritest sister in the world getting engaged and about to marry a man I have yet to meet!"

"You'll love Chase I promise, he treats me like a princess."

"Good, you deserve nothing less!"

"And you're still going to be my Maid of Honor right?"

"Of course, we promised each other a long time ago didn't we?"

Jean gave a happy sigh. "Thank goodness, I was worried what I would do after I told Carolynn the position was yours."

"Carolynn? Who's that?"

"Carolynn is Chase's sister."

"Carolynn and Chase, they're not one of those families are they?" Lissa groaned.

Jean threw back her head as she laughed. "Lissa!"

"You know what I mean, one of those that names all their children with the same letter and a little stuck up thinking that their family is better than anybody else's."

"Lissa, I thought living in Italy was going to teach you to watch what you say!"

"No," Lissa snorted. "It taught me to curse in Italian and make fun of stupid people that are way too picky for their own good when it comes to coffee."

Jean shook her head still laughing. "Lissa, you certainly can't tell mom that."

"Mom doesn't care... as long as I met a potential husband in Italy, preferably one with some money." Lissa snorted.

"And did you?"

"I met a lot of Italian guys, husband material... that's debatable. Rich ones...were not my type. Too smooth and rude all at the same time with their lack of sincerity. Shame really, some were so good looking."

"Well, then I guess I don't have to worry about you falling head over heels for Chase's best friend- like all the others." Jean laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"Will is Chase's best man, and causing quite a stir in our neighborhood. All the mothers keep throwing their daughters at him."

Lissa stopped in her tracks. "Please tell me, not our mother." She practically pleaded.

"Lis, he's one of the richest men in the world, looks better than a Calvin Klein model... Mother's thrown everyone at him."

"No," Lissa cried horrified. "And me?"

"Oh yes, many times, practically every day really."

Lissa groaned as she began to drag her feet. "Haven't even met the guy and I've already been offered like a mail order bride."

"It's just mother." Jean tried to soothe her.

"Kill me now," Lissa cried as Jean patted her shoulder.

"It'll be fine Lissa, Will's not taking mother seriously at all."

~~~

"Chase,"

Chase looked around him swearing that he just heard his name.

"Chase!"

Suddenly an arm came out and snatched him, pulling him into the library and piano room.

"There you are!" Chase exclaimed finding his best friend and best man. "What are you doing in here?"

"I'm hiding from all the mothers."

Chase laughed. "Ahh I see, they'll be gone soon, as soon as Jean comes back with her sister."

Instead of comforting Will, it only made him groan. "Yeah and then have another girl chasing after me with her mother in tow. No thank you."

"Jean says that her sister's nothing like that."

Will gave Chase a stern look. "Jean's so sweet she would never say anything bad about anyone, much less her own sister."

"Jean warned us that Marie was still learning the Piano."

Will snorted. "She forgot to tell us that Marie was tone deaf and to bring our sound neutralizers if we want to sleep at night."

"Will I told you to stay at the hotel near Carolynn."

"I would have if Jean's mother hadn't been so damn offended." Will sighed.

Chase shook his head. "Oh Will..."

"Jean's back!" A cry echoed through the house from one of the various sisters Will hadn't bothered to differentiate.

"Come on mate, let's go see this Elisabeth character."

"As long as she doesn't throw herself at me, fine; if she does, I am leaving this house tonight and if I have to, crash in Carolynn's room."

"You would prefer my sister over staying here?"

"Yes, at least your sister's only one female not twenty mothers and their numerous daughters."

!-!-!

Hi guys, 

The first ten chapters of this story are written by one of my friends on this site Summerintheclouds- she is unable to continue the story and she and I discussed. She thought that I should continue it for her and I loved it too much to not see it completed... so here I am with a new story! Hope you guys will enjoy it nonetheless and stick with me as I try to make her proud.