Chapter 52: Puppets Part 5

"Remember the rules folks!" he shouted in a cheery tone. "Only one may get the prize! So bet, watch, and cheer on for your favorite competitors!" he yelled as the crowd erupted into cheers and claps.

"But as you know, we'll have break." Said the announcer. "The last two competitors will be placed in separate, isolated areas to avoid any outside influence while they plan out their fight."

With a clap of his hands, Gill found himself inside an isolated room with a digital timer that's counting down from 60 minutes.

He sat on the bed, taking in a deep breath before yelling in frustration; punching everything he can see as he flipped the bed over.

After about ten minutes, his tantrum subsided into deep breaths as he sat on the iron floor, gripping his hair as he was sweating with anxiety.

'What do I do?' he mentally asked as he started to cry. He glanced at the clock to see there was still 30 minutes left.

Jess is in the stands with that red-haired girl with the calico cat. Even though he can't see her face, he can only image her disappointment, and her sadistic smile of what she'll do.

Aiden is in prison. Lukas quit. Maya is dead. Ana is sick. And he's still alone... who still has to fight Jeimass!

He watched her fight, and how painfully everyone died because of her. Sure they respawned, but it was horrible!

There's no way he can beat her. This whole plan is ridiculous! He can't do this... he needs to quit while he's ahead...

----------

Jesse and Petra are sitting on their own chairs, watching the battlefield change as they look through the clear glass window in the medical wing.

"I didn't see this coming." Admitted a saddened Petra. "We had the numbers, the magic, but we still lost."

"I know what you mean," said a sad Jesse. "I just hope Gill can win this, we already lost so much."

"Well, it's not a total lost." Said Petra, smiling. "Your Class evolved into something more powerful, not to mention you can control metals now."

"I'm still an amateur, Petra." Said Jesse, smiling at the Petra's attempt to lighten the mood. "I can't even summon an elemental guardian-"

She cut him off. "You don't need a guardian to prove your worth, Jesse." Sincerely said Petra. "You don't need a fancy, complicated tool to show how strong you are, you just need to be the best at being you."

She then turned around to look at their redstone friend, Jesse following her gaze. "... although I can't speak for all of us." She commented as Axel soon rejoined them.

"She's looking over her redstone golem designs... again." sighed Axel, pulling up a chair to sit with them. "She still paranoid over what Jeimass said to her earlier."

But he didn't mention how easily Olivia dismissed him when he tried to help, making a comment about how he's not smart enough to understand the problem.

"... I bet the only reason she hangs out with you is so she has someone dumber than a cow to compare her intelligence to..."

"... Don't you get it Axel? She's only with you so she feels superior; you're nothing but a boost to her ego..."

Maybe what Jess said to him in Boom Town wasn't an insult, but the simple truth. Axel might not be a genius, but he isn't a moron either.

The problem is complicated, but the solution is simple: Olivia lost and cannot accept it.