Chapter 8

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

Adrianne

I woke up to the sound of my alarm screeching.

Flipping over, I turned it off and smothered my face into my pillow.

The memories of last night came to me, and I looked around in confusion, squinting.

How did I get home?

I couldn't remember how, for some reason. I must've fallen asleep. I shrugged and sat up in my bed, sighing.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

I stared at my toe that stuck out from underneath my covers, waiting for my body to wake up.

I checked my phone.

I had a text from Reece, and my heart jumped at the sight of his name on my screen.

I'm picking you up at 8.

I grinned, typing a reply.

Where are we going?

I headed to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face to wake up.

Changing for class, I heard my phone ding and I saw his reply.

Can't tell you. It's a surprise.

I shook my head, responding, Yes, sir!

I headed to my class, parking as close to the building as I could. I walked in and sat down in the last row.

I leaned on my hand and stared at the wall, letting my mind drift to the beach last night.

Was that real?

I thought of how I was curled up to his chest, smelling him.

Yep.

But my smirk quickly disappeared.

I was in danger. That's what he'd said.

That's what Kyle was.

I wonder what happened to him-

My thoughts were interrupted by the class being dismissed, and I made my way back to my car in the flurry of students. Driving home, I got a call from Brianna.

"What's up?"

"Driving home from class."

"You wanna go get a pedicure? My toes are getting a little crusty."

I laughed and looked at the clock in my car. It was 5:45.

"I can't," I said. "I have plans at 8 with someone."

She paused. "With who?"

"Remember that guy I told you about at my job?" I said slowly.

She practically squealed and started rambling. "Oh my God! You have to send me a picture of him. Have you guys had sex yet?"

I almost choked. "N- no!" I stammered. I thought of how strong he was when he picked up Kyle, how I could always see his muscles through his shirt.

"Have you thought about it?" Her voice interrupted my train of thought.

"Yeah," I admitted. "He'd probably destroy me, though."

She laughed. "You have to give me the details when you do!" She lapsed into a story about her professor and how they'd had sex in his office. She said it was the worst sex she'd ever had.