Chapter 26

[I might take a break soon but I don't know when...

Enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 26

Reese's POV

The diner was mostly filled with our laughter. Only a few other patrons occupied the other side of the room. Angel and I sat in a booth in the corner with chocolate malted milkshakes and a basket of fries on our table.

"That black widow move you pulled--fuckin' amazing," I complimented excitedly. "That was some professional level stuff. How'd you learn to fight like that?"

Angel finished taking a sip of her malt and answered, "Um, I took lessons when I was younger and kept practicing. Ya know."

"You could be in the UFC and kick tons of ass," I commented. "I'd bet all my money on you."

She giggled. "I'd advise you not to. I was trained to win but that doesn't always happen."

"Still. You're incredible...!"

"Thanks, hehe. Though I'm curious, do you fight like you did today at school?"

I bunched up my lips before saying, "Not really. I tone it down because I know I'll make things worse for myself than they already are. One time, when I was fifteen, I went to a concert with Hunter and knocked some big dude unconscious because he wouldn't leave us alone. No one found out, thankfully."

"Jesus."

"Yeah, so I take it easier on people. It's for their own good."

"Aw, you're so considerate," she joshed lightly.

"Thanks. But seriously, I think you'd knock multiple big dudes unconscious with little effort. I'm sure Artem would love to see you fight," I remarked.

She cocked her head slightly. "Why?"

I realized what I had blurted but decided not to take it back. Instead, I explained, "Well, this is between us, but...Artem trains me in combat."

Her expression gave way for interest. "Really?"

I nodded. "That second floor we have up on the auto shop? That's where the training room is. He'll take me up there some days to give me lessons and practice with me, though nowadays I've been doing other things in my free time. I'm good at fighting, but I'm a little more confident with a bo staff."

"A bo staff?"

"Mhmm! Unless I'm up against Artem, in which case he brutally kicks my ass..."

Angel laughed, adjusting her glasses. "Have you ever sparred with anyone else?" she asked.

I shook my head, then faltered. "There was one time with Hunter...! We don't talk about that anymore."

"Haha, okay, well, I think I'd like to see this training room sometime," she said.

"Yeah? Would you be up for a practice fight against me?"

She cocked an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"Hell yeah! I'd be honored to let you kick my ass--if you can."

"Do I smell a challenge brewing already?" she intoned lowly, eye squinted.

"If you can make it a challenge," I quipped, coolly sipping my malt, but it was too thick for the straw so it took a while and whole lot of sucking in my cheeks. Angel laughed at my struggle.