Chapter 43: My Ship is Sailing Again!*

"Oh my god, my ship is sailing again!" Alex exclaimed as I was in her room getting ready. Ace was right when Alex would jump at the chance of dressing me and I knew that he was going to say 'I told you so.'

"We are not dating Al, we are just spending the day together as friends," I said and Alex frowned.

"Did he specifically say that he wanted you guys to be friends only?" Alex asked and I shrugged.

"Well he said he wanted to try to be friends again, but we never talked about our relationship," I said and Alex groaned.

"Why are you guys so complicated?" Alex asked and I laughed.

"We aren't," I said.

"Yeah right," Martin yelled from the living room.

"Stop eavesdropping!" I shouted back and heard him laugh.

"Stop talking so loud then!" he shouted and both Alex and I burst into laughter. Alex laid out a black skater skirt with a black and white striped crop top. She also paired it my white high top Converse. So actually, when I called Alex, she drove to my house and picked up some of my clothes and matched it to her own clothes. And because she knows me, she brought my favorite leather jacket.

"You look so cute!" she said once she finished braiding my hair.

"Thanks," I said.

"You probably won't need the jacket, but it could be cold at night," she said.

"I don't even know where Ace is taking me so I can't argue with you," I said and she laughed.

"Good thing Ace told me so I know how to dress you up," she said.

"Why are you making such a big fuss about this? It's not a date," I said stating the obvious and she rolled her eyes.

"Just because it's not a date doesn't mean you can't dress up," Alex said pulling her phone from the charger.

"Fine, but I am hoping that what you put me in does not interfere with what Ace planned out," I said stubbornly.

"Don't worry, I got you girl," Alex said and I smiled, "You are ready! Now go get your man!" I immediately laughed and walked out of her bedroom. And of course I said bye to Martin before going back to Ace's apartment. I walked in and saw Ace in dark wash jeans with a white button down shirt. He was also holding his leather jacket in his hand.

"Here's one thing that we will always have in common Ace, we both love leather jackets," I said and his eyes met mine.

"You look beautiful Max," he said softly and I felt myself blushing.

"Thanks, you clean up pretty nice as well," I said and he chuckled.

"Let's get on the road."

***

Ace was pretty serious about keeping where we were going a secret because he didn't tell me the whole entire ride. Although when we pulled up in a parking spot I knew exactly where we were, we were at the Central Park Music Festival. That night was when I knew my feelings for Ace were clear.

"Wow, you got tickets?" I asked and Ace nodded.

"Yeah I did, and since you took me here two years ago, I wanted to take you again," he said and I smiled. I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Thanks, you are the best," I said before pulling away.

"Well let's go inside," he said and I followed. This year they had so many booths that sold food and places you could play games at. I guess over the years they have improved the festival. We started off by playing some games and just trying the foods around the festival. It felt nice being able to hang with Ace for the day without any of the drama that has been happening to me lately. We ended sitting at a table waiting for the live music to start.

"A couple years ago Skylar Summers performed remember?" I asked and Ace smiled at me.

Ace nodded, "Yeah, how could I forget? You, Alex, Martin, and Macy were gushing about her. Are you still a fan?"

"I am a Summers forever, but you got to admit that her songs are amazing and also have an inspiring message," I said and Ace shrugged.

"I mean I don't listen to her, but I am guessing that after your missions you would dance around your room rocking out to Skylar Summers," he said and I playfully slapped his arm.

"That is so not true. You know what I do after missions? I present a mission recap to my boss," I challenged him and Ace raised his hands up in surrender, "I don't know how many times I have said this, but I missed talking to you Ace."

"Me too, but isn't it good enough that you are here right now?" he asked me.

Right after he finished, I wasted no time to answer, "It is good enough." This year they were having Raini Reynolds perform. She is one of Skylar's best friends in the industry.

"How are you guys doing tonight?" Raini asked as the crowd cheered in response, "I am going to be singing some new songs from my album and feel free to dance." I stood up and held out my hand to Ace.

"Want to dance?" I asked and Ace crossed his arms and smirked.

"I don't dance."

"Sure you do, you did like two years ago? Does history need to repeat itself?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes. I knew that under his mask of denial, he wanted to dance with me. He broke out a smile and stood up and pulled me into the dancing circle. He pulled me close to him and we moved with the beat.

"I am going to interpret that you actually wanted to dance with me because you are the one who pulled me out here," I said and Ace scoffed.

"Please, I just don't want you to embarrass yourself in front of other guys. I mean you do tend to step on other people's feet," Ace said and I shoved him lightly.

"I do not. You probably dance worse than I do," I said and Ace chuckled.

"You can keep on telling yourself that," Ace said looking down at the ground. Instinctively, I pushed his chin up so that we were looking at each other.

"Eyes on me Ace, let me show you some dance moves," I said and we both laughed. 

**************************************************

GIF of Sean O'Pry (Ace)

Sorry for another late update, but I was busy on Saturday and Sunday (Mother's Day). I couldn't leave you guys hanging. I hope you liked this chapter, so remember to...

Vote

Comment: What do you guys think will happen next?

Share

Follow

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C