Chapter 14

Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

Adrianne

We made our way to Donovan's in silence, holding hands as he drove.

I looked out the window and watched the flat terrain pass by.

I turned to look at his hand laced with mine. His nails were trimmed short and clean, his fingers long.

How did this even happen?

A small smile tugged on my lips as I thought of the first time I saw him. The pulse of the music, the way his eyes stared at me, the first time he touched me...

I squeezed my thighs together, feeling a heartbeat in the lower part of my abdomen.

I eyes his neck, imagined myself biting it.

Oh my God, I want him. I've never wanted someone so badly.

"Are you nervous?"

"Huh?" I came out of my thoughts.

"You're squeezing."

I looked down at our hands again, seeing my knuckles turn white. I immediately released my grip, slipping my hand out of his and putting it in my lap.

"Sorry," I muttered.

He glanced at me, one brow raised.

"You okay?"

"Yep," I said, nodding and biting my lip.

He gave me a look.

"Really. I'm... I'm fine."

"Alright," he replied, lightly shrugging.

I looked down at my hands.

Why the fuck was I so horny?

I took a deep breath, allowing myself to look at him again.

I gazed at his hair, his facial features, the curve of his strong jawline, his Adam's apple that stuck out, the shape of his arms and chest underneath his shirt, the way his hands held the steering wheel...

My eyes stopped at his belt buckle. His shirt ride up a little, exposing the small trail of dirty blonde hair that I knew touched his bellybutton.

Jesus. Fuck.

He pulled into a driveway, and I whipped my eyes away from him.

Completely oblivious to how horny I was, he shut off the car and turned to face me.

"You ready?"

I nodded, unbuckling my seatbelt.

I need to get a few feet away before I start humping him.

We walked up the driveway, and he slung his arm around my waist, giving me a quick peck on the side of my tenple.

I looked to see the garage had two couches and a tv set up on the wall, and a set of drums and a microphone with speakers were on the other side of the room. A string of lights were hung from the cieling, and the faint smell of beer reached me.

There were two guys sitting down on one of the couches. One of them was tan with a buzzcut, a guitar in his lap. The other one was darker, almost the color of coffee, and was on his phone.

"Hey, guys," Reece said.

They both looked up, and the one with the guitar dropped his jaw. The other one saw his mouth open and smacked his arm.