14| Just Like My Dream

J U S T L I K E M Y D R E A M

W O R D C O U N T: 1924

My apologies for the mistakes. I had my exam today and I wrote this chapter in half an hour. 😘

"I love you Uzair

"I love you Uzair." A smile captured and incarcerated my lips but I couldn't assimilate as to why did his body stiffen and his muscles grew tense.

At once my eyes ruptures open. I shudder and convulse at the thought of him not being Uzair. Who was I kidding. This wasn't Uzair. I had just made a death wish.

I was bewildered and nonplussed. My rapidly beating heart refused to calm down.

His arms had already left the side of my waist but I was shocked and whammy, he didn't push or yank me away considering the mistake I had just committed.

What was I thinking? I am married. This Is cheating. No matter what he does, I am responsible for my own actions.

The guilt and culpability in my heart only grew even more as I moved further away from his embrace. He wasn't looking at me. Humza's face was a devoid of any emotion. His eyes were still rufous and puffy. He clenched and unclenched his jaws.

I sat there with parched lips, falling short of words. I Braced myself for yet another fight. I knew he had been bad to me for as long as I could remember. I would have shouted at him for coming to my room but this time I was at fault and I knew it.

Without even sparing me a glance, he rose from my bed where he was seated for about past 10 minutes. He then trudged away without any other word.

Ouch!

I wanted to apologize but what would I say. This was so complicated. I felt embarrassed and sheepish, even more because he didn't say a word. It was also quite amusing though.

I sat there on my bed thinking about what just happened. Was I In the arms of the mighty Syed Humza Junaid and did it soothe me?

I face palmed myself. Allah please fix this.

For the entire day I kept on thinking about the possible reasons of Humza not reacting to my revelation.

The twinge around my neck had abated and now it only pained when touched. I hadn't seen Humza the entire day and when the night dawn upon us I heard the 'oh so good voices' from the room next door.

Whenever we have a fight, He does that. I have figured it out now. I had told Ahad everything and he refused to believe me.

Can you believe it? He refused to believe me.