Chapter 13

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Please come this way." I said, nodding at the people who are here for a meeting and walked to the meeting room.

"Mr. Singh will be here soon." I added when they all settled and left the room before walking to the elevator.

However, when it opened, he stepped out and I immediately moved away from his way. He continued walking inside the room and I followed him.

I sat on the chair away from all to look after whether it is going as planned and checked the file. When there were any points raised, I just noted them.

When the meeting is over, he shook hands with all of them after coming out of the meeting room and they all left.

I sighed and made my way inside the elevator and reached the cabin. I am finally comfortable with all this by the second week of work.

The first meeting, I was so worried, but it kind of went well and now I feel I can do better by each meeting. I sat in my chair and tugged the skirt down feeling little uncomfortable but not too much.

"Miss Guptha! I will be leaving for lunch and you can take your lunch break too." He said opening the glass door.

"Okay, Mr. Singh!" I said, nodding and felt his presence for a second more and then he left.

After that day, I cooked the breakfast, lunch and dinner without fail but only for me. I shook my head and had my lunch before finishing the report he asked me to finish today.

I glanced up when I heard a sound to see him settling in his chair with a hard expression. James must be being James then.

What I don't understand is, if he is so angry at James for marrying Di then why don't he just remove him or ignore him? James only had to drive him and James for sure has to be with him wherever he goes.

I picked up the receiver when it started blinking and heard him, saying, "Clear my meetings for tomorrow. And book a table tomorrow for lunch at Shangri-la and the guest is only one."

"Sure, Mr. Singh!" I said and placed the receiver back when he hung up.

I called the hotel and booked a table for three. Then I waited for any file he wants me to go through for tomorrow's meeting he has.

But he didn't even when it was time to leave. Maybe he will give it tomorrow! With that thought I saved my work and stood up when he walked out of his cabin.

I wore my coat and walked out through my door, hoping it is still not raining. However, my hope just left thrown out when I saw it was raining too much.

I saw that Nakul is just getting in the car in the back seat and James glanced up to stare at me. If it was last week, he would have dragged me to the car.

I continued to walk towards the gate placing the bag on my head. However, after last week's conversation, he went back to this strict form of bodyguard role where he will not say a word if he is not asked by his employer.

"You come with us." I heard surprisingly Nakul's voice and turned to see the car stopped beside me and his window is down.

"It's okay, Mr. Singh!" I said, nodding and walked away.

I heard the car moving but continued to walk fast before finally reaching the bus stop. I was busy with brushing away the wetness from my bag and ignored them driving away.

After some time I glanced up to see the bus coming and I moved, but then glanced to my right to see James getting in the car holding the parcels from the restaurant.