How Does the Jury Find?

**Just so you guys know, I'm not going to be writing the whole court scene because it would be utter shit and I don't think the whole arguing scene and such is necessary because she's just going to be retelling the story that she's already told Troy in a previous chapter. Also, I literally can't remember if I gave Aurora a last name way earlier in the book, so I just made one up for her "brother". If someone remembers me giving her one, help a sister out lol. Hope you guys enjoy this part!**

Troy's POV

Rolling over in bed as my alarm went off, I was caught off guard when I saw Aurora was already wide awake. Rubbing my hand over her stomach, her eyes immediately snapped to the side to look at me. It was then that I could tell she wasn't really wide awake, she was totally delirious. Her eyes were blurry and bloodshot and she had dark under eye circles from hell. My guess was that she hadn't slept a wink last night.

"I would ask how you slept, but I know you didn't. Are you okay?" I questioned while rolling onto my side and pulling her body into my own. She buried her head in my chest before shrugging her shoulders. I scratched at her back with my dull finger nails, just letting her have a few more minutes of peace and quiet before she had to get up and deal with the shit that was undoubtedly going to be thrown at her today.

"I'm straight up going into that courtroom is an extra large comfort colors long sleeve and a pair of leggings with my unwashed hair in a bun and no makeup on and if anyone has any objections I will literally shove the gavel up their ass." She stated vehemently. I burst out laughing, tears threatening to escape my eyes at the intense look of seriousness that her eyes held. She joined in on my uncontrollable laughter after a few minutes.

"I'm being serious!" She defended through a small giggle as her once tense body visibly relaxed in my hold.

"I know, that's why I'm laughing so hard." I replied through a few reminiscent giggles before pinching her side right where I knew her ticklish spot was. Her entire body jerked away from my fingers as she snorted while slapping at my hand.

"Troy Knox Carmichael you cut that shit out right now!" She warned while giving me her signature death glare. Completely ignoring her warning, I abruptly swung my leg over her body to straddle her waist and began to tickle her sides relentlessly. She wriggled in my hold while laughing and trying to swat my hands away. Leaning down, I continued to attack her sides while also beginning to peck kisses all over her neck - where she was usually ticklish unless turned on.

"Troy! S-stop!" She shouted through another fit of giggles. The bedroom door was pushed open and my mom peeked her head in.

"Are you two almost ready to go?" She asked, causing Aurora to gasp and kick me off the bed entirely from surprise. I landed on my ass with an umph and an annoyed glare her way.

"Hey!" I shouted in mock outrage.

"That's what you get for tickling me when I told you to stop, you ass hat." She teased before flinging the blankets off of her body and swinging her legs over the side of the bed.

"I just have to grab some clothes and throw my hair up and we'll be ready." She reassured my mom before sending her a small smile who smiled back before ducking back out the door.

"Alright. Time to get this shit show on the road I suppose." She said with a deep sigh. Picking myself off the floor, I cradled her face in my hands before kissing her forehead tenderly. She accepted my embrace before patting at my chest and walking away to get dressed.

**

"In the matter of Marcus Cavell versus Theo Sterling on the count of murder in the first degree, how do you find?" The judge asked the jury. I waited on baited breath as I watched Aurora squeeze my dad's hand in a death grip. I would've never agreed to let her go up there without me if she wasn't with someone I trusted - our main company lawyer, who happened to be the best in the whole state, was quite a dry and intimidating man and wasn't someone I wanted to leave Aurora to deal with on her own.