♱Chapter 33♱

Raven's P•O•V

Alec lunged at DeMalo, his whole body slamming against his brother's as he met him half way. Alec's hands went for DeMalo's throat, wrapping them around it as he choked him.

Alec forced him back against the wall. I was shocked at DeMalo's lack of power against Alec. I regretted thinking that as DeMalo kicked Alec in the chest with enough force to send him reeling backwards. I gasped and wanted so bad to run to him.

Alec steadied and looked at him with a deadly look.

Alec advanced on DeMalo with rage and threw his fist at him, sending a thunderous blow to his twin's face. DeMalo took the first punch, but quickly blocked each one after.

I could see the wrath in Alec getting more and more prominent. Suddenly, DeMalo gave up and slammed a hard hook into Alec's jaw. Alec barely flinched before throwing DeMalo a couple feet.

DeMalo's back crashed against the stone wall, causing it to crumble around him. He huffed and got to his feet.

"Is that all you got?" Alec roared at him. DeMalo chuckled mockingly, brushing himself off.

"Oh that's not all." DeMalo smirks and Akantha walks to him, pulling out a kris-styled dagger from under her ripped dress. Her thigh sheath wrapped around her pale skin. She offered it to DeMalo. We all watched this, eerily silent.

Not even I had heard this part of the plan.

I stepped forward, surprisingly breaking the barrier of her spell. Yet, I stopped and knew it was no use. My feet planted to the ground and felt as if my shoes were made of lead.

"A dagger," Alec mused, "how sweet." He looked to his brother mockingly. "Knowing you came armed doesn't surprise me at all. You never were the best at brawls, now were you?"

DeMalo's eyes flared with rage, but faded quickly as he regained his ego.

"You should have no problem then." DeMalo scoffed, twirling the curved dagger in his palm.

I caught Alec's gaze as he glanced at me from the corner of his eye. I wanted to scream in protest as he looked away and faced his brother.

"You're right. I don't." Alec said simply and circled around his brother.

They watched each other like cage fighters circling in the ring. This time DeMalo jumped on Alec.

My heart thudded against its brittle cage. I felt the want it withheld. The want for everything to go away, and for this to not be real.

I knew how real it was the second everything blurred and DeMalo and Alec went at it. Cracking, breaking, crashing noises filled the air as they fought around us. I almost wondered if the noise was the splintering of the mens' thought-to-be unbreakable bones.

Suddenly, everything slowed around me and as I watched, I saw the glint of the dagger coming down onto Alec's chest, slicing through his porcelain skin. Black blood followed the dagger up and painted the wall in streams of purple. I screamed a scream that felt like a thousand knives coming up from my lungs. My eyes welled with tears as I heard Alec grunt and watched him drop to his knees in front of DeMalo.

The cut was a mere sliver of black across Alec's chest, ending at the end of his right rib and up above right where his heart was. Mere might not have been the best word as I could see the black river flow out of Alec's chest. Although it didn't look deep, the blood told another story.