έξι

The days passed by quickly. Nothing big happened, all we did was eat, sleep, talk to Spartans then sleep again. The cycle continued for four more days before the night of the big celebration then we sail back to Troy in the morning. Something doesn't feel right. At night, there were parties but I would prefer to just read a book outside our tent by the fire. I would always catch Paris going up the stairs that lead to the rooms which I'm pretty sure was Helen's room.

I took a bath and dressed up in my armor. Hector requested that the three of us should wear our armor. I put on my armor, except for my headgear because my hair is up on a ponytail and went out our tent. I was greeted by my brothers who were now wearing their armors.

"We've had conflicts before, it's true. We've fought many battles, Sparta and Troy" King Menelaus said with his cup of wine raised. The soldiers cheered for us and I remembered the solid reason why we were here... for peace...

"But I have always respected your father. Priam is a good king. A good man. I respected him as an adversary, and I respect him now as my ally" He continued.

"Hector, Selene, Paris. Come join me here" King Menelaus said to us. I gave him a small smile and a nod before the three of us stood up.

"Let us drink to peace" King Menelaus said and raised his cup and we all did the same.

"Peace between Troy and Sparta" Hector said before they all drowned themselves with wine. I sipped in my cup of wine and watched as Paris and Helen exchange flirty looks.

I stayed seated on my seat as Hector and King Menelaus moved to the other side of the room.

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills" King Menelaus said. "And the women in our beds"

And this is also one of the reasons why I'm still wearing a white gown. I shook my head and forced a smile when Menelaus looked at me. Men can be disgusting sometimes.

Music began to fill the room and soon there were female dancers dancing around. I kept an eye on Paris and didn't let him go out of my sight.

At the middle of my party. After I finished a cup of wine, Helen disappeared and soon Paris started to climb the stairs. "I'll be back" I whispered to Hector who nodded. I carefully climbed up the stairs to follow Paris.

My eye spotted a room with its door open. I swear if Paris is here with the door open, I will drag his ass out of this palace. I warned him once! No! I can't let my Father's hard work be put to waste just because of Paris' stupid infatuation!

"I've made many mistakes this week" I heard Helen's faint voice as I neared the door. I carefully peeked through the small gap of the door and saw Helen sitting while Paris is behind her playing with her neck.

"Do you want me to go?" My brother asked her. Yes, you should, Paris! For Pete's sake!

"Yes" Helen whispered. Paris kissed her ear down to her neck, almost making me curse.

"Where should I go?" Paris asked. Helen stood up and kissed my brother before whispering. "Far, far away"

Just before Helen can even remove her gown, I pushed the door. Startling the both of them.

"Really, Paris?" I almost shouted. He turned pale as he looked at Helen then at me. I glared at Helen before grabbing Paris' arm and pulled him out of the room.

"You do realize what you are doing?!"

"Yes! I know what I'm doing, sister!"

"You know what you're doing and now you're screwing the King's wife?! Paris, what in the world are you thinking?!"

"I kn-"

"You said you won't do something that would disappoint Hector and Father?! You said you won't do something that would harm the pact between Troy and Sparta?!"

"I am tr-"

"Shut up, Paris! Why won't you ever listen?!"

"It's because I love her!" He shouted making me step back. My eyes watered with what he said and furrowed my eyebrows, trying to understand what in the world is he saying.

"And that love will bring Troy down" I said, my voice was shaking as a tear fell from my eye. I quickly wiped that away and ran down the stairs.

"I'm going to bed" I said coldly and didn't look at Hector's eyes because if I did. I would cry.

"Alright. Get some rest" Hector said and kissed my head before I quickly went out of the palace and ran into our tent. I laid down at the corner of the tent and made sure that I was on Hector's side before tears started to pour out of my eyes.