έντεκα

"We can't hold the beach, my prince." Tecton informed Hector as the three of us ran at the same pace. I squinted my eyes as I felt the the harsh light hit my face. As I looked at the shore, I saw one of Greek's mightiest warrior.

Achilles.

"They're trying to take the temple." I said as my eyes followed them. They all hurriedly rushed inside the temple as we approached.

"No believer would spill blood in Apollo's temple." Tecton said but I shook my head. Who would even give respect to the gods at a time like this? I watched as Achilles effortlessly dodged our arrows.

"That's Achilles. Would you think he'd care about Apollo's temple?" I asked, looking away from the golden warrior as his gaze met mine briefly to look at the commander.

"The archers need help. Burn as many ships as you can, but don't sacrifice yourself. Bring the men back to the city." Hector commanded, I watched as the officer bowed at Hector and I before leading at least 70 guards to the shore.

Hector turned to me and sighed. "Follow me."

He shouts at his horse and charged toward the temple and with me behind him did the same. Tecton and his men behind us. I watched as Achilles trashed Apollo's statue making Tecton gasp.

"We have to go th-"

A spear flew past us, hitting Tecton straight in the throat. My eyes widened in horror as the commander falls from his horse.

"Move!" I shouted as I felt everyone slowing down and looked at Achilles carefully. I knew he did that. I knew he threw that spear. And now I am more determined to kill him.

Once we were near the temple, Hector raised his spear and threw it towards Achilles who easily dodged it to the side before smiling at us. I clenched my jaw and kicked my horse to make it gallop faster. Hector never misses his target.

I jumped from my horse and took my sword from its sheath before charging to the soldiers of Sparta. I easily killed all the men in front of me. I raised my arm and wiped the sweat from my forehead that was dripping on my face.

I silently prayed to both the god and the goddess of war as I let my sword split Spartans in half. We all entered the temple with our weapons raised in defense. The temple was surprisingly eerie due to it being very silent and the fact that it was now filled with blood and dead bodies.

"He's there" I whispered to Hector as I caught a glimpse of Achilles' golden hair. We all headed to the altar and to our surprise he was waiting for us.

Hector didn't hesitate to fight with him but I knew Achilles had a plan when he ran away. I looked at Hector and he knew my plan so I quickly followed Achilles while Hector took the other way.

And there I found him, standing on top of Apollo's altar with two priests laying on the floor. Their throat slit open and Achilles' bronze sword was stained with blood.

"You must be very brave or very stupid to come after me alone, woman" Achilles said with a stupid grin on his face. I glared at him and held my sword tightly with one hand.

"You must be the famous maiden, Selene, if I'm not mistaken?" He said looking at me deeply in the eye. The way he pronounced my name sent chills down my spine. "You're the only Trojan who has green eyes"

I stared at Achilles cautiously for a moment as he moved and looked away before kneeling beside the dead priests' bodies.

"A private audience with the Princess of Troy. I'm flattered. Do you know who I am?" He said arrogantly. I rolled my eyes in annoyance before looking at him.

"Don't call me that" I said through gritted teeth.

"What princess? But you're a princess, Princess Selene" He teased, his face etched with such amusement. I rolled my eyes again, hating how he said "princess" in a mocking tone.

"These priests weren't armed. You should have at least spared them" I said and closed the eyes of the murdered priests before murmuring a short farewell.

I heard Achilles jump from the Altar making me stand up and raised my sword in defense before stepping back as he walked towards me.

"I didn't kill them. Cutting old men's throats there's no honor in that."

"Honor, really?" I said sarcastically. "Weak people and fools like you fight for honor. I fight for my country" I said before running towards him to charge. Hoping to just thrust this sword in his chest but Achilles stepped back, staying just out of reach as he stared at me mockingly.

I clenched my jaw as Achilles looks relaxed. It was just as if I was playing with him! "Fight me" I said bravely as he just stared at me.

"Fight me, you fool!" I shouted again, my voice echoing the tight space when he didn't say anything.

"Why kill you, Princess of Troy, with no one here to see you fall? I want your brothers to watch you suffer" He said sinisterly. I rolled my eyes and cocked my head to the side as he watched me with an amused mocking smile on his face.

"Why did you come here, huh?" I asked, hoping that I could at least provoke him. "They'll be talking about this war for a thousand years."

"In a thousand years even the dust from our bones will be gone."

"Yes, Princess. But our names will remain"

"So that's it? That's why you're here? For you to be remembered? How shallow of you, Lord Achilles" I said, annoyed. I can feel my face heating up because of anger. Our names will remain?! That's all he wants?!

A band of bloodied Myrmidons led by a captain emerges from the temple. Hector with our people also emerged from the temple. He quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to stand behind him, with his back blocking Achilles but still I saw him take a glance at me before gesturing something to the blue eyed captain.

"The Trojans are dead." The captain said simply to Achilles who nodded at him. "Go home, prince. Drink some wine. Make love to your wife. Tomorrow we'll have our war." Achilles said calmly before turning to me.

"No wines for you, Princess. You're just a kid." He teased with a mocking smile on his face. I tensed and restrained myself from attacking him because that wrong move will get me and Hector in trouble.

"You speak of war as if it's a game. But how many wives wait at Troy's gate for husbands they'll never see again?" Hector said, his jaw clenching as he looked at Achilles.

"Perhaps your brother can comfort them. I hear he's good at charming other men's wives." Achilles said before crossing his buffy arms in front of his chest. My gaze accidentally falling on his arms. I shook my head and returned to look at him. My eyes widening once I saw him looking at me with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the temple, walking ahead of my brother. That stupid Achilles! How can he be so annoying?! I just want to see him dead!

I was about to curse him as much as I wanted to and let Hector laugh at me while I burst in anger but someone grabbed my arm and felt something hit the back of my head, causing me to blackout.