Demons

I really wanted to do this for some reason.

Kanan woke up earlier than normal. He tried for many minutes to get back to sleep, but soon found he couldn't.
He stretched and put on his shoulder armour, holster, and boots.
He went down the hall to the refresher but stopped when he heard something. A soft voice, a beautiful melody.
"When the days are cold and the cards all fold and the saints we see are all made of gold. When your dreams all fail and the ones we hail are the worst of all and the blood's run stale."
Kanan froze he reconised the voice.
It was Ezra!
"I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you. But with the beast inside there's nowhere we can hide. No mater what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come."
Kanan leant against the wall and listened to his Padawan sing. Never, in all his time did he imagine Ezra would have such an incredible voice.
"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes. It's where my demons hide it's where my demons hide. Don't get too close, it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, it's where demons hide."
Kanan got off the wall as the door hissed open.
Ezra walked two steps into the open.
Not even aware his master was standing right there.
Kanan cleared his throat. Ezra nearly jumped out of his skin.
"Kanan" he breathed out in relief.
"Kriff you scared me."
"Sorry kid. Didn't mean to. Why don't you ever sing? That was amazing."
Ezra froze. Staring at Kanan like he'd lost his mind.
"And get teased by Zeb, Chopper and Sabine? No thank you."
"You've got an incredible voice Ezra. Honestly, you should sing more."
Ezra went red in the face.
"Maybe" he muttered. Kanan smiled and went into the refresher.
Ezra swallowed and continued down the hall.
He hadn't sung for years.
And be still wasn't sure if he wanted to.

But Kanan's words had made him feel better about it.

I chose Demons by Imagine Dragons cause why the heck not? I love their music and their name! Is it a coucidence or what? 😁
Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲