chapter 12 (redone again lol)

Kurenai attached a request for back up to a small dove, hoping help would get there quickly.

She looked over her students, noting the general happiness and hope they wore on their sleeves. I shouldn't have chosen this mission, I want them to hold onto their innocence a while longer...please Hokage-sama, send someone strong. She thought to herself.

Naruto sat down in front of Hinata and Shikamaru. "Alright, I promised to tell you guys, and I never go back on my word. To understand my story I need to tell you everything. Twelve years ago a great and powerful beast attacked Konoha and the fourth hokage defeated it. That's not the whole story. A man wielding the sharingan forced the Kyuubi from my mother and stole his free will. The man ordered the Kyuubi to destroy Konoha but my father fought this man. The man took a serious wound and was forced to flee, leaving the kyuubi. My father then brought me to the battlefield and with my mother, they sealed the Kyuubi into the seal on my stomach."

Shikamaru nodded. "I suspected as much, you could easily pass for a younger version of the fourth hokage. So that red chakra was the ninetails...it's a powerful tool, but it'd be a drag for everyone to hate you."

"Not everyone... jiji, old man Teuchi, Ayame, Hinata-chan, Arashi-nii, Kurenai-sensei, Hiashi Hyuuga and a couple more of our class mates." Naruto looked away, fully expecting them to hate him.

Shikamaru sighed. "The villagers are stupid. If you throw a dangerous criminal behind bars, do you hate the bars? Or the criminal? Do they even know how sealing works? Troublesome bastards..."

Naruto turned back, only to be enveloped in a teary hug from Hinata. "It's alright Naruto... you are you, not the fox. Even if you were him reincarnated, he was forced to do those terrible things... no matter what you are, you are a great person...a hero."

Naruto returned the hug hesitantly. Hold onto this girl forever, boy. She's special, and will likely stand beside you through anything. A soul like that is a rare find, indeed.

Naruto didn't flinch at the Kyuubi's words but he would ponder them for a while.

The other voice in his head was forced silent.

"Alright, I wanna teach you all a new jutsu. I brought a scroll from each of your elements and picked ones I think you'll like." Kurenai walked over with two clones, each holding a scroll. "Me and my clones will take each of you a good distance from each other so until you learn to control how much power the jutsu has."

She didn't have to say it, Naruto could turn a C rank jutsu into an A rank by overcharging it.

They each followed their sensei, or a clone, into three different directions.
_____________________________

"Okay Naruto the jutsu I've found you is a powergul jutsu called Air Bullet. It compresses air into your palm until you can feel it, then you blast the ball of compressed air and when it hits something the air is released so rapidly it's like a bomb going off."

"What happens if I over charge it?" Naruto asked.

She grinned evily. "It could detonate prematurely. This jutsu is a way to improve your control."
_______one week of training later__

Naruto peered around the bridge, the fog was slowly thickening. Somethings not right...

Kurenai placed a few genjutsu around herself and her students to make them much harder to notice, feeling the danger approaching.

Hinata was systematically activating her byakugan and peering into the fog.

Shikamaru had a stern look of concentration over his face.