~Chapter twenty-three~

"Good morning." Rylan hummed softly, stroking her side with his hand. They were all snuggled up in bed, and he'd already snoozed his alarm three times. After getting back last night, their family had dinner and played board games. Her parent's left to head back to their pack, they would be back next week for the ceremony, and how proud they would be. Rylan's siblings had returned to their own houses, they didn't live far away, but they liked to stay at home every few weeks to spend time together.

He nudged her shoulder. She began to stir but was in no rush, shuffling herself back against Rylan's chest and leaning her neck back onto her chest.

He took advantage of their position and kissed the base of her neck softly, nipping and sucking as he made his way up tauntingly to her jaw. He made his pursuit slow and stroked the top of her thigh with his fingertips.

"Ry. If you keep going, I'm never going to want to get up." She told him, not attempting to move.

"That can be arranged." He whispered he kissed just behind her ear, his hand trailing to her thigh, he was getting confident.

"Ry.." She hummed his name, pushing back onto his chest further and scraping her nails on his wrist which was dangerously close to being right in-between her legs.

"Would you like me to continue?" He asked, kissing her neck again slowly and moving his hand to the top of her shorts, lifting the hem and stopping to wait for her consent, he was excited, but had no idea what he was doing.

She moved his hand from in between her legs and pulled on his neck, she leaned up to kiss him and he moved so he was hovered over her, not putting too much wait onto her body.

They continued to kiss but their alone time was interrupted when Brody came through the door, freezing slightly and looking shocked.

Rylan moved and sat up, making sure that Brody wasn't looking at his mate.

"Sorry." He looked at the wall.

"Yeah you should be." Rylan turned to Adeline who was giggling into the pillow looking extremely embarrassed. He rubbed her lower back, slightly pissed off.

"Uh, you're making progress though." Brody pointed out, smiling. He was happy for them.

"What was so important that you had to come into our room without knocking...?" Rylan asked firmly. He stayed over his mate, jealousy taking over his emotions, he didn't want anyone looking at her, these emotions were natural now.

"Harris, the guard form the warehouse, he wants to talk to you... We think he might be ready to reveal something." Brody told him and Rylan sighed.

"Guuhhhh." He complained, shoving his head into the pillow beside Adeline's neck. "We're meant to be going to the house to wait for the furniture." Rylan sighed, rubbing his face.

He thought about it for a moment... "Okay, yeah I'll be down in about half an hour. Get a consultation room that has a secure lock system prepared, I need him restrained, even if we don't think he's dangerous... Don't use silver, normal restraints will be sufficient." He said quickly and Brody nodded.

"Get Taylor and Ryan to wait at the new house in case any furniture arrives. I think they know the floor plans so they can figure out where to move it to. There's a spare key in the top draw." He pointed to the cabinet and Brody grabbed the key before leaving them alone.

"That ended a lot differently in my mind," Rylan admitted, getting up from the bed. "We'll finish this later." He said with confidence, he looked down and wasn't sure how to deal with his new problem. He felt weird as he adjusted himself, maybe he needed to do a bit more research before going near an actual girl.