~Chapter 10~

AN: Hello, wonderful people! Guess who's back and ready to rock your world! *crickets sound in the background* ME!!! *more crickets* Sorry for being MIA, I was busy with some stuff in real life, but now I'm all good and back in business! :)

Hope you enjoy this chapter. And if you do, maybe leave some love? :)

Peace out,

Fearsome Hamster

Suddenly, he took her soft earlobe in his mouth, biting gently, his tongue then laving away any hurt. Margo shuddered. Reluctantly letting go, he purred seductively: "I will be a good husband, my sweet."

Zachary Frost. 

Her fiancee. 

Who would have ever thought I would have one those? 

His feverishly spoken words seemed foreign in her mind. She struggled to make sense of this new twist of events. It certainly did not help that his body was so scorchingly close to hers, impending any coherent thoughts from forming, let alone an actual solution for the matter. Distractingly warm breath tickled the back of her neck, her senses attuning to the male behind her. A traitorous shiver ran down her spine – fear or desire, she could no longer tell. At this point, she was not even sure which of the two would be worse.

Either way, one thing was certain. Distance was desperately needed from that beast of a man. 

Margo fought to turn around in his embrace in order to face him. Though he allowed the small movement, Frost's grip remained relentless upon her form. Finally shifting in his direction, the look on his rugged face chipped away at the hope for escape, timidly blooming in her soul. The indigo earnestness in his eyes was frightening. That was the gaze of a man intent on getting what he wanted through any possible means.

He has probably been used to receiving everything on a silver platter his entire life. I will not let him make of my destiny yet another conquest of his.

"Dear heart, has the cat caught the tongue of my fiancee already? In that case, I very much envy the lucky feline," his tone was now a light playful tease, completely at odds with the thunder that proclaimed her as his a few moments ago. 

In the span of less than a day since she had the misfortune of meeting him, Margo realised her betrothed, she inwardly scoffed, was a volatile character–it was better not to rouse him further. At least not until she came up with a sensible plan. One that did not involve murdering the exasperating man with the nearest sharp object.

"Yes, I am still processing the..." sheer absurdity, infuriating  insanity, sexist bigotry, "...situation," Margo said slowly.

"The sooner you accept our union, the better." Zachary clasped her hands then in his much larger ones, bringing his face embarrassingly close to hers. She could already feel a warm flush taking over her face, making even her ears red. It seemed the man had no sense of propriety despite his high status.

"I know this may all seem bit rushed to you, little one, but I promise you there is nothing to be afraid of," his pale fingers started a maddening, slow dance on her palms, distracting her slightly. "Our paths were meant to cross, don't you feel it as well?" Zachary murmured, almost as if confessing a long-held secret dear to his heart.

Feeling him seek out her eyes, she rapidly dropped her gaze to the dusty ground.

The man was mad, that was glaringly clear. However, something in his tone made Margo stop from voicing her biting sarcasm regarding their "predestined" encounter. In her mind, she associated him with a small child being told that fairytales were no more than a sad pitiful joke.