Dream ; Oikawa X Reader

Dream
drēm/
noun
1.
a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.

Night·mare
ˈnītˌmer/
noun
a frightening or unpleasant dream.

You had this dream last night.

A dream so deep and meaningful yet unbearably confusing and direful.

A dream that could even be considered a nightmare.

Because oh no, this dream was most certainly no "dream."

It was terrifying and it left you clueless onto what it was hanging onto or trying to get at.

This dream was filled with different scenes that left you so breathless, that you forget how to breathe.

This dream left you so confused, that you didn't even know the meaning yourself.

This dream held a thread of emotion, and it was as if this thread was luring you towards the realization of what life can and will throw at you.

Sometimes you hang onto that thread with all your living and existing will, until you just can't hold on anymore. And in a snap, that thread, turns into string.

String.

String so thin and breakable, just like your heart and emotions under the pounds of facade that conceal who you really are.

People often take advantage of everything they have.

So often, that they do not take the time to appreciate and nourish the people they love.

Respect.

Respect is an action you need and must show the people you love, and those around you.

Do people really even show humans an ounce of appreciation and respect, anymore?

You sometimes forget.

Everybody does.

But forgetting is no excuse.

You cannot simply "forget" to treat the other human beings around you with respect and kindness.

But everybody does.

They forget.

And sometimes, all it takes is a simple dream to switch on the lights in your body, and make sure you never once in the rest of your life "forget" to show reverence for whom you love.

•••

You were laughing.

You were having fun.

You were happy.

Before it all happened.

You were screaming.

You were experiencing the worst occurrence in your entire life.

You were terrified.

The large sporadic GMC was hurdling towards your small, white Honda car.

The GMC's owner was on her phone, laughing her life away.

She was having a grand time. Not even bothering to pay attention to what was in front of her.

The woman let out one last hearty laugh, before her noticeably larger truck had rammed into your small white car.

Your small car skidded and spun across the busy interstate, your body somehow finding its way out of the car throughout the experience.