19

"Thank you both for coming to help. I owe your packs a huge favor." Lyla gave each Luna a hug.

"Nonsense we are neighbors and allies. Besides it benefits all of us to finally be rid of that coven of dark magic users." Stella replied.

"Your coven found them then." Lyla asked.

"Of course." She laughed. "Gris gave detailed instructions to their whereabouts after one of my members cast a few painful spells."

"I'm glad I'm on your good side." Lyla said.

Alpha Grey joined his mate ushering her to hurry up. "Darling we need to return to the pack."

With one last hug Stella grabbed her mates hand and zapped them to their house.

"I am going to miss you kiddo." Adam wrapped Lyla in a tight embrace.

After finally breaking free Lyla replied. "Adam you are only a few hours away. Besides you can have Winter zap you over whenever you want."

"I know but I won't be around to watch out for you and make sure you're behaving." He said.

Tyler wrapped his arm around Lylas waist. "Don't worry I will keep her in line."

Lyla slapped Tyler's arm then leaned in for a kiss. "I will be visiting very soon to learn about our real family and those powers I am suppose to have."

"Any time cousin. I am eager to talk about my homeland, I miss it." Winter admitted.

"Darling I told you we could visit any time. How about we check in with the pack then go see your parents." Alpha Tage told his mate.

Getting excited Winter quickly hugged Lyla again and grabbed her mates hand. "I will notify you when we return and we can schedule a visit. Maybe I can get my parents to venture out of their kingdom to meet you also."

"Kingdom?" Lyla was in shock.

Laughing Winter answered, "Yes, my father's family has ruled the snow elves for centuries."

Layla scrunched up her face, "I thought you were a moon elf?"

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot to finish, our moms are moon elves and lived in a neighboring tribe. My parents met when my father joined his parents on an outing and crossed into my mom's lands. Your mom, Justine and my mom Shyne, were with their parents to greet the royal family. My father told his parents then that my mom was his intended and they would be together. Several years later I was born."

"I wish I could meet her." Lyla voiced out loud.

"So do I sis but at least we have each other." Adam quickly hugged his sister before he gathered around Winter and they all shimmered away.

Sighing Lyla rested her head on her mates shoulder. "Do you think Karin made it out of the territory in time?"

"Ours maybe but the patrols said she was headed to the area once known as no mans land so I'm guessing she has met Alpha Steel."

Tyler laughed directing them toward the pack house.

"Alpha Steel! The most ruthless, meanest alpha around. What is he doing in our area his land is on the other side of Moonshine."

"We came to an agreement a few months back and he bought some of the northern area and claimed the unmarked land to extend his pack. It works out for us because he will make sure no rogues enter from that direction."

"I heard he tortures rogues until they beg for death. I pity his mate, he is one cold and emotionless wolf." Lyla shivered thinking about him.

"Rogues killed his whole family when he was ten and he pledged to kill every last one that he came across. As for his mate she won't fair much better because Steel had a witch take away all his emotions making him incapable of love. He will probably kill her so his wolf won't banter him about mating. He takes women when he wants and doesn't care if they are willing or not." Tyler informed his little mate.

"Remind me to always make myself scarce when you two have business."

"I would never bring you within hearing distance of that monster. He is a good ally for the pack but otherwise we won't bother each other unless an emergency arises."

"Good I don't want to ever meet someone with no emotions. How lonely he must be."

"To his making sweetie, his choice to live like that. Now no more dread talk, how about we go up and talk about how much I love you." Tyler nuzzled Lylas mark then raced up to their room.