Chapter 24 - Not Quite Right

A/N. Target votes before next update: 35 Votes

"Let me get this straight! You two are still selling the arranged-marriage plot, with the 'transitioning-into-physical-from-platonic' bullshit! Are you blind?"

Siya felt a sense of Dèja vu as she watched Divya pace her room. Shaking her head frantically in disbelief.

"Are you stupid?" She asked, pausing mid stride, then continued pacing.

"Divya! Would you please have a seat and we can talk about this like the adults that we are."

"Are we adults Siya? Coz you two are behaving like teenagers! Abhi is an idiot but I thought you'd be smarter! Are you an idiot too?"

"Divya! Do you have any idea how difficult this has been for me! I have never been in a relationship, and now I am making out with the most important person in my life! Do you have any idea how scary all this is? I'm not blind, or stupid or an idiot! I know something's there, and it is way beyond friendship! Now will you stop with the asinine questions and just sit down?"

That put a halt to Divya's incessant pacing, and she finally dropped on the bed beside Siya.

"I'm sorry Siya. I know I overreact sometimes. Plus seeing you two in what looked like an R-rated movie scene kinda sent me in hysterics. On top of it you told me the whole 'still-friends' angle and I got bummed. It gets frustrating to watch the two most oblivious people! I wish I could spell it out for the two of you, but that would be wrong. You've got to figure it out on your own."

"Divya, I'm sorry you had to see that. We didn't really plan for it to happen, things got out of hand. I just- I don't know what this is anymore. I feel different when I'm around him now. I know it is still Abhi, but now I imagine doing things to him, with him, all the time. He is standing there just like always, and all I want to do it rip of his shirt and run my hands down his beautiful body. My god, I don't know what is wrong with me!"

Divya's jaw dropped on hearing Siya's words. Her friend never talk about such things.

"Are you sure it's just physical?"

"No! That's the thing. I think I might have some feelings- okay a lot of feelings for him. Just everything about him seems to touch my heart. I just want to hold him tight and never let him go. I might be falling for him Divya! How do I stop?" Siya could help the sob rising in her throat.

"Siya? Why is that such a bad thing? Why do you want to stop?"

"Because he doesn't feel the same way!"

"How do you know that?"

"Because he said so himself. He said he would never be able to love anyone romantically. Because of the accident."

"So he said that, doesn't mean things won't change. I think they have already changed. The guy sends you flowers every morning. I have seen him personally pick the flowers early in the morning. He arranged a date that was straight out of a fairytale if you ask me! And the way he waited to give you the best first kiss I have ever heard of! I see the way he looks at you Siya. Like you are the only thing that matters."

"He has always looked at me like that."

"That right there should tell you the truth"

Could it be possible that Abhi liked her, as more than friends, and had been liking her all his life without knowing it? Just like she was slowly realizing these feelings that were surfacing for Abhi came from a spot that was always present within her, but she was to afraid to acknowledge. Dare she hope that his touches and kisses were full of longing and something more than mere lust? That she meant more to him than any other girl who had been part of his past?