Chapter 7

Double update in celebration of 100 followers! Thanks guys <3

Warnings: Mentions of blood

~Rob's P.O.V.~

     I stare blankly at Jerome. In normal situations, I'd always remain clam, and collected during these sort of devastating events. It's how they train us in the Spell kingdom. We'd stay clam, assess the problem, and figure out a way to solve it. This, however, is not a normal situation. I mean, it is... But at the moment, not to me. And thus, cue the unnecessary panicking.

     "WHAT?! But- but that means he could be dead! Or maybe he landed in a pool of water thence be stone but, if he survived then he's hurt..."
     "Rob..."
     "...or maybe a cave spider found him, and now he's poisoned! Or he's caught up in its web...
     "Rob."
     "...be cornered by mobs! And he could have hurt something falling and now he can't defend himself! Or-"
     "ROB."

     The sudden shout instantly makes my mouth shut with a small clomp. Jerome huffs in frustration, crossing his arms and tapping his foot impatiently.

     "Are you done now?"

     I nod, not daring to speak.

     "Okay. So, if I'm going to be frank, Preston could very well be dead. But-" he continues, before I can say a word, "He could also be alive. And yes, you're right, he could be hurt or... Cornered by mobs or something. So, if that's the case, then we need to go down there as quickly as possible and find him."
    "Alright, I promise I'm good now. Our fastest way down is using a pick axe to dig down. But... I didn't bring one. You wouldn't happen to have one, would you?" I question hopefully, even though I already know the answer,
     "Nope."
     "Then I guess we have to find a natural way down." I sigh, "This... Is going to be fun."

~~~

"I think... I think we finally made it to the bottom."
     "I think you're right."

The narrow path we are perviously winding our way through now opens up, revealing an incredibly long, and wide room. Jerome holds up our torch higher, giving light to the many corpses scattered across the ground. Jerome strides over and nudges a burnt, bloodied zombie with his foot.

     "Yeah, Preston was here alright." Jerome deducts, scrunching his nose up form the rancid smell of rotten flesh and backing away, "But where'd he go?"
     "Well the trail of blood might be a good start." I point out, gesturing towards a steady trail of both smeared and dripped blood.
     Jerome shifts over to the blood, kneeling down and lightly prodding it with his fingers. "It's still a tiny bit wet. Couldn't be more than an hour ago this happened." Jerome concludes, staring down the trail of blood.

     We slowly begin marching down the ravine, following the trail of blood. A little ways down, the burnt up corpse of a spider lays withered in the middle of the path. The blood here is a bit more smeared, and it creates a thicker trail. The spider had obviously bitten Preston.

     "I hope Preston's okay..." Jerome mumbles, passing by the spider with an uneasy glance.
     "Me too..."

     Our footsteps echo off the massive walls of the ravine, creating the creepy effect of people following us. And because it's dead silent, when the occasional groan of a zombie rings out, it fills the entire air and seems to come form every direction, adding to the uneasiness. So determines to cut the eerie silence, I call out in hopes to find Preston.