Chapter 8: The weapon

For three days we were stuck in that cell. Three days nobody showed up, not even Obi-Wan, except for the usual guards and patrols. Three days we were staring out in front of us, wondering what the hell we were doing there and why they were keeping us captive.

"We need to get out of here." Stefan sighed as he laid his head back against the cold wall of the cell. I was sitting next to him on the ground, staring at the plate of rations the guards had given us. There was never something special, just a few vegetables and some bread for every meal of the day.

"Eugene won't make it for another night, will he?" Stefan looked at me with concern.

I turned my gaze towards my patient who was on the other side of the cell. Even though we got all the shrapnel out, he was doing badly. I needed more professional equipment to heal him further but the guards refused to answer my pleas.

"He won't." I confirmed softly, trying to keep the news from Eugene himself. "But to get out, someone has to unlock the cell from the outside. You know how the mechanism works."

"Yes, but we could attack the guard when he enters to give us our food." Stefan suggested.

"He has a blaster and we do not." I emphasized. "Look, our best bet is to wait for Obi-Wan-"

"Not the bloody jedi." Stefan rolled his eyes and hid his face in his hands.

"I know he's our enemy, Stefan." We had been discussing this for the past three days. He was a good commander, but when it came to deciding between negotiations and violence he always chose the wrong one. "But sooner or later he will come to try and talk to me again. If he does, I can convince him to get Eugene professional medical treatment and maybe he will let us go."

"And if he won't? What of he refuses to help you?" Stefan turned towards me.

"Then we will fight." My eyes darkened as I stared out in front of me. "I will be able to open the cell door from the outside. We will then take the hidden passage on the east corridor to the sewer and get into the forest for cover, if we haven't shown them our abilities yet."

"It won't be that easy. You can't let them capture you again." Stefan frowned at me as concern filled his eyes.

"Well, I guess it will be time then to show them what we really are." I smirked as my hands glided over my sword. "Sooner or later they would find out, why not a bit earlier?"

Stefan nodded. "It's about damn time."

"Besides, I have my commlink. I just wasn't able to turn it back on because they'd notice and they have probably blocked all frequencies around here." My hand went up to the tiny thing in my ear. "If I get in trouble, I can call Aidan."

"Good." Stefan smiled. "I can't wait to get back to Eagle's fall."

"I'm sure you do." I smiled at him knowingly. My eyes then shot to the cell door when it opened, revealing the one I remembered was named Cody. I recognized him by the color of his uniform.

"Princess Lyanna?" The other five troopers held everyone at gunpoint.

"Captain, it's been a long time." I smirked at him.

"General Kenobi wishes to see you in the Throne Room." Cody continued and motioned for me to stand up. "It's an urgent matter."

"He could've just come himself." I groaned lazily as I stood up on my feet, stretching my limbs to get the dull feeling out of them. When I tried to leave, one of the troopers held me back and then showed me the shackles.

"Is this really necessary?" I huffed as they put the cuffs around my wrists.

"We are still at war here, princess." Cody stated. "And you are our prisoner." He waved his hand for his men to follow him out of the cell.