90: Transitions

Cradling Lea in his arms tenderly, Victor whispered in the air, "Is she gone?"

She shook her head once and slow. ["Thanks to you, I was able to sustain her form small enough to create a vessel for her soul. Overtime she can mature by herself."]

Right after her words, a shimmering light spread out on Lea's arms and a black kitten was then revealed. It had three short horns on its head, and its irises were red.

In an instant, Victor recognized the beast.

"Imhe, talk." Ordered Lea as she reached to stroke the cat's fur. However, her hand was met with sharp claws that Victor barely stopped as it reached her palm. The back of his palm lined with 3 blood trails. But they immediately closed up.

The cat hissed.

["She must be confused still...."] But in Victor's mind, he was sure Imhe was acting normal and might be angry for her degration. He stroked Lea's hair as she looked quite disappointed for being unable to touch the vessel she made for Imhe. He then offered his tail in comfort to which she immediately hugged.

Although Lea appears to have forgotten about the intimate actions by Victor, the perpetrator himself couldn't. As he looked on her amused face, he felt content. As long as she was by his side, he would not have to fear a thing.

With Lea playing with his tail, he gently rested his head on her head. She kindly did not move her neck at all, so he could position himself more comfortably.

She was too used to having his presence around. And it was thanks to him that she had learnt a great deal about her existence.

From defending her against Ashe who was determined to kill just to obey Sabrina, to being the catalyst of her meeting with Illson. Providing her with comfort when she needed it, much like the times when she killed human beings. Or simply to help her clean off blood.

She realized he had really taken good care of her well-being. Glancing to his peaceful face that had his eyes closed, Lea silently gave her thanks as she landed a soft kiss to his tail.

Alas, Victor felt the soft sensation very clearly and could only silently blush. His chest warmed and his lips revealed a slight smile.

.

.

.

"Dada Bwuoo. Kyaha ha ha!" Exclaimed the baby, and right then, a great squeak was heard. "Eeeeeeek!! Heard that Emperor??? She can totally talk now!"

Oliver in one corner could only roll his eyes. He was writing down the things they had learnt thus far as they waited for Lea's return. It has only been two days since. The beasts outside the abandoned city of Sabio remained at bay thanks to Phoenix and Hamsphant. Due to their protection, slowly, the civilians that decided to remain in the old city revealed themselves out of their hiding.