TWENTY-NINE: TYRANT

Media: Aftertaste - Shawn Mendes

Coe's POV

"How did it go?" 

I hummed, throwing myself into Heath's embrace when I was sure that I heard the doors to Jared's den click shut, "As good as it is going to ever go. It was... weird, but it's over now."

I couldn't get the image of Jared's vulnerable face out of my head. I forced myself to concentrate on Heath's face instead. 

"You're..." Heath pulled me tightly against his body, "You're coming home with me?" My body seemed cold against Heath's as I felt his warmth spread from my chest to the rest of my body that was plastered against his.

Home.

Why is it that when Heath says the word 'home' and I can't help the smile on my face, but hearing Jared say it made me want to correct him?

"I'm going home with you." I confirmed with a grin, wrapping my arms around Heath's neck, "You'll have me, right?"

Heath chuckled, "Of course. I need a cook, remember?" He stroked my head gently and I leaned into his neck, a sense of bliss overcoming me. I am lost for words at how safe and loved Heath makes me feel. For the first time in a long time, I felt alive

I bit on his shoulder playfully, "Well, then I'll cook for you." I pulled away from him and smirked at him, "But that's all I'll do for you." I let my gaze drop to his groin, before I pushed at his chest when he tried to pull my waist back towards him.

Heath's eyes widened a fraction before he held onto me tighter, "I need more than your cooking skills." Heath was quick to correct himself, "You didn't give me time to elaborate." He added cheekily, "I can think of a couple more skills that you have that I will need you to perform for me." 

I grinned, "Hmm." I hummed against his chest, hoping that the blush on my face wasn't too obvious, "Sure you want to have this conversation here?" I winked at him.

Heath sighed with a smile on his face, before he leaned closer to me, "We'll take this conversation back at home, and we can pick up where we left off earlier." He pressed his lips against mine.

I returned his kiss, the smile on my face still not wavering. I could do this forever. I could stay in his arms forever, kiss him forever, listen to him tease me forever. I could, I really could. 

"What is this?" 

Heath ripped himself from me, pulling me behind him as I swayed on my feet, trying to right myself as my heart startled so hard that I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears as the blood rushed through my entire body to my head, leaving my fingers tingling and cold. 

I blinked with my mouth parted at the stiff, angry and just plain murderous look on Jared's face, his nostril flared and his glare piercing through Heath's head into my eyes. 

I felt the blood in my entire body drain in a second and I swayed slightly, feeling light-headed. Heath was quick to support me. 

Before I could even react, Jared had already stomped towards us, grabbing me by the arm and ripping me from Heath, before he pushed harshly at Heath's chest with his other hand, "What the fuck is this!?"He demanded in a booming voice and I almost vomited.

My mind had gone completely blank. 

I watched Heath's face screwed into an expression of guilt and then fear, before I realised that he was fighting the urge to reach for me.