Chapter 11: The End of the Beginning

5 Years Later (Naruto is 18)

Naruto was on his knees in front of his grandfather, slow tears falling down his face.

Madara Uchiha, is going to die.

"Do not cry Naruto-kun. It saddens me to see you like this." Madara wheezed out, his eyes looking at Naruto warmly. "Do not forget your training."

Naruto wiped the tears away with his sleeve before steeling his nerves and emotions.

"Yes sir." He said, his voice slightly weak. Madara placed his shaking hand on Naruto's head.

"I've defied death long enough. It is finally my time. I was supposed to die before you turned six, but I toughed it out because I knew I would I have to train you." Naruto nodded again.

"I've trained you to be a true shinobi. You have your tools and training. And you have your goals. Now, Obito has been leading an Organization called the Akatsuki. We agreed that once you were ready, you would take over the leadership of it."

Naruto's eyes widened. "What are the goals of this organization?" Naruto asked. Madara smiled sadly.

"To capture the villages military power. The Tailed Beast. If we take them away, we can achieve true peace." Naruto was about to speak but Madara quickly cut him off. "You will not have to give up the Kyuubi. It would be disastrous if you had to. You just gained control of it's chakra, why would you give up power you might need?"

Naruto nodded, his question being answered. "To achieve this peace, the jinchuuriki will have to die. They are too dangerous and their villages will try to use them to stop our quest. Now Naruto, my grandson, do you accept this burden and responsibilities of leading the Akatsuki?"

Naruto nodded again. "Of course Jiji. I won't fail. I will achieve peace."

Flashback

A 15 year old Naruto had been thinking for awhile. What is the peace his grandfather was talking about? He decided to ask.

"Well, I wanted to use the Infinite Tsukuyomi on the moon, so everyone will be in a dream forever. But, that would cause a lot of unneeded destruction. Now, we will bring down the elemental nations and create a new nation, with everyone in it. With no prejudiced people or armies or shinobi wars and unnecessary deaths." Madara said passionately. Naruto smiled.

"That sounds cool Jiji!" He exclaimed causing Obito, who was behind him, to laugh.

Flashback End.

"I know you will." Madara said before he started coughing relentlessly. "Goodbye, my grandson." Madara said before his eyes closed slowly.

Madara Uchiha was dead.

Naruto let another tear fall from his eyes before he picked up his mask and put it on his face. (Obito's mask in the 4th ninja war.)

"I will bring peace. I swear it." Naruto said before Obito came from behind him in a Kamui.

"Are you ready?" Naruto nodded his head.

"Indeed Obito-nii. Let's go meet my new minions." Obito smiled beneath his orange mask. He was proud at how far his brother had come. He was powerful, more powerful than him.

Madara was right. Obito thought before they both disappeared into a Kamui.

Sometime Later in Ame

Obito appeared before the two Akatsuki members. Pain, or Nagato. And Konan. Those were the two who actually knew he was the leader of the organization.