CHAPTER SIX

With the serum in Cosima's blood, she was a much better fighter than anyone has thought. Cosima grew quickly onto different techniques, and very much appreciated training. Two months into training, she was skilled in guns, spears and daggers as well as properly defending herself. She was a natural, but only with the serum for help.

Cosima's wings caused a slight problem. She was the first ever person to have wings. No scientist at Hydra fully knew what to do with them. So they reverted back to their old ways - experiment.

After a couple of days of testing Cosima and her wings, they quickly learned that her wings were like a muscle: the more she worked them, the easier it was to control them. So regular training of her wings was programmed into her schedule as well.

They examined her wings under the microscope as well. It turned out that the serum had reacted with her cells to create this mutation. Most of her old cells were her wings, and all the new cells from the four serums were circulating around her body.

Four months into her training and she had developed strong wings. They could just about lift her off of the ground and carry her a few feet. Zola was proud of her progress. He looked on her as his second best creation - the Winter Soldier at the top of that list.

However, Cosima was not as effective as the Winter Soldier, and that had to change. So instead of regular teaching of Hydra's codes and practices, she was given training, sometimes for more than 24 hours. Cosima would be worn out and tired, but the extra training paid off. She was much more skilled, could fire a range of guns, could deliver a mean and knock-out-worthy punch and could lift herself off the ground for long periods of time with her wings.

She was ready.

---

Zola walked down the corridor with Cosima following behind her. This would be one of the last times he was to see her, before he did something even more riskier than sending these two on their mission. 

He entered the room and stood at one end. Cosima was escorted to the other side, beside the Winter Soldier. Neither him nor her recognised each other from the times that they had previously met. They stared at each other for a long time before Zola broke that too.

"I have a new mission for you Soldier, and the first for you Cosima." Cosima's eyes lit up a little and she let out a little smile. This was what she was trained to do. This was what she was meant to do. "These people are the target." A picture of a family was cast onto a faded, white wall. They all seemed fairly happy, but something looked missing from the picture. They all looked the tiniest bit sad. Both the Soldier and Cosima were able to identify the tinge of sadness radiating from the woman and her husband as well as their three sons. They could identify that too.

"This, is the Stocking family. They are trying to get us found out. They are looking for you, Cosima," Zola said, pointing one of his fat fingers in her direction. "They must be stopped. You must kill them."

A normal person would gasp. The Winter Soldier gave an inaudible sigh. Cosima didn't realise the concept of death yet, but she would learn. 

"Dismissed. Team B is to assist you on this mission. You have 12 hours. I don't care how you do it, but just get it done."

Zola walked out of the room. The real reason he wanted them killed was to test Cosima and make sure she never found out about her family. Plus, they were still sending out search parties for her and some of them were getting dangerously close to this American base. It was really a duel mission for his creations. 

---

"This is the best way into their mansion," the Winter Soldier said in a monotone. "We'll both go in this way, check the rooms and kill as soon as we see them."

"Kill all and any guests they have on site as well," a Hydra agent said. Cosima gave a curt nod. 

"Use any means necessary, so use your wings if it comes down to it," another agent addressed to Cosima. She nodded at him as well. 

The Winter Soldier was hauled out of the room and Cosima a different way. She was put into another room that had clothes in it. She walked over to them quickly and put them on. Her normal black top and loose trousers were cast off, and in replacement came a catsuit, with protective, bulletproof padding on the chest and back. Also on the back were two large slits. Cosima put her wings through them and thoroughly stretched them. She folded them back, so they touched the back of her catsuit. Keeping them out and folded meant that she could easily use them if she needed a quick escape or needed to pin someone down with her wings. 

Shortly afterwards, she was taken out of the room and loaded into a transportation device. They said it was a helicopter, but that did not enlighten Cosima. This was her first chance to bring order to Hydra. When she killed this family, she would be protecting Hydra and it's agency.

A short helicopter flight took them to the Stocking household. They landed near the large mansion. The Winter Soldier got out first and helped Cosima get out. They crept along silently to the house. Cosima thought it was best to try and get to know her partner, as she was told she would be partnering with him a lot.

"What's your name?" Cosima asked, silent as a mouse. 

"Shut it. You'll blow our cover."

Cosima couldn't help but feel a little sad at the Soldier's rejection. She thought he would be an open sort of person, but she was wrong.

The Winter Soldier opened the back door silently. He entered, followed by Cosima, into what seemed to be a kitchen - not that either of them knew what that was because neither had seen one before. They came to two staircases. 

"I'll take the left," Cosima whispered. 

"And I'll take the right." Cosima was about to go up the stairs when he grabbed her arm. "Remember, don't spare any lives."

"Roger that," Cosima said. The Winter Soldier looked as if he was thinking about something, but then shoved it out of his mind as he went up the stairs to the right. 

The first room Cosima came to had a name on the door. It wasn't one of the names mentioned of the Stocking family, but she had to not spare any lives. 

She went in the room that belonged to Morgana.