Chapter 2

Raiza's POV

"Rai!" I heard my mum calling from downstairs. Ugh, why does she always have to wake me up like this? I rolled out of my bed and sat on the floor. I stayed there for 5 minutes, doing nothing but watching my wall. I'm so not a morning person.

"Rai!" My mum called me again.

"I'm up, woman! Please stop yelling." I begged. I love my mum but not in the mornings.

I got up and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as I felt the warm hot water on my body, all my muscles started to relaxed. Nothing like a hot shower to start the day. Even though, I didn't want to get out of the shower anytime soon, it felt so good. Maybe 5 more minutes? It won't hurt. But wait, what time is it? Shit. I hurried up and rushed over to my room to get dressed. I could hear my mum making breakfast downstairs. I looked at my watch. Still had time but not too much. I got dressed faster than never before and did my little make up routine. Just mascara and some eyeliner.

"Raiza!" She called me again. "Breakfast is ready. Hurry up!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I yelled, running down the stairs "Jesus." She sometimes can get on my nerves.

I entered the kitchen and she was standing with her back to me. I hugged her from behind and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Morning."

"Good morning, grumpy." She said smiling. "Excited about your first day?"

"I guess." I shrugged. I was more nervous than excited, to be honest. Knowing that I'm going to college and be independent is kinda a big deal, and I didn't feel the weight on my shoulders until now.

"You're worried." She stated. God, she's good! My mum knows me too damn well. "You shouldn't be, Raiza. I know you can do this. You're intelligent and very capable."

"You-"

"I'm not saying that because I'm your mum." She cut me off, as she had read my mind. "If you weren't, you wouldn't have graduated with the highest mark of your generation."

Maybe she was right. But that wasn't exactly what was bothering me.

A lot of people say that college it's like a new start. I'm really not sure about that, because if you really think about it, college it's just a continuation of high school. In college you still have the popular kids, the jocks, the nerds, the artists, everyone.

Even though, it's hard sometimes for me to fit in. I mean, I can make friends but it's hard for me. I'm not an outgoing person. I'm not going to approach you and suddenly strike up a conversation with you out of nowhere. I have tried numerous times to not be so shy but I'm a hopeless case. That's just not me.

I prefer books over people. I would prefer stay at home reading a book than to go out to a party and get wasted. And that has brought me consequences, such as being call lame, loner, too goodie goodie, and stuff like that. But books can't hurt you or suddenly go away, like people do. I honestly don't remember how many times I've been hurt. Sometimes I think I'm too naive for this world. I always try to see the good things on life and people, I give it all and then get betrayed.

People can be worse than the devil itself.

Anyway! I'm in college now and let's hope studying something that I love helps me be more confident about myself and more outgoing. I'm going to meet new people, hopefully make new friends. What could go wrong, right?