Chapter 29: Having cold does Have its Good Side, After All

4/4 update for today:

CHAPTER 29:

HAVING COLD DOES HAVE ITS GOOD SIDE

                            He was cursed. The day that runt threw the alarm clock in his face, Nikolas had become cursed!

That voice, without a doubt, belonged to the person that was spamming Nikolas the entire night before he destroyed his phone. That unmistakable Russian accent, that annoying arrogance in his voice — if Nikolas had to imagine him based on those conversations he had with him, he would've even imagined him to look the same way as he actually did.

He haid gray hair — or was it white? Nikolas heard that it was one of the traits of Russian people along with his deep blue eyes. He wore his hair almost the same way like Vincent, the only difference between the two old men was that this guy didn't shave his beard like Nik's father. Vincent did leave a bit on his chin, but he hated beard in general, Nikolas had no idea why. He was completely opposite than him.

Back to the man that entered his office.

Mafia.

The first thought that came to Nik's mind when he asserted the man in front of him was that he most definitely belonged in some mafia. And if he didn't, he looked like he did, like he's the top of the top. He wore black suit and black coat, red tie and that black mafia-styled hat men wore. He looked like he demanded attention and like he was the man in charge among everyone in the room, Nikolas' runny nose and a bit of dishevelled hair didn't help at all in denying that.

"Ah, Mr. Tyller," it's been a while since Nikolas has been called by his real surname, "I apologize for the little scene you witnes—" the man stopped in his track when he noticed the terrible state Nikolas was in. But aside from his terrible state, he was definitely his type. Nikolai was open about his preferences, he disliked women ever since his wife tried to burn him down in his own house after SHE cheated on him and tried to get away with his lawyer. The sight of the handsome specimen in front of him almost made him forget all about that fucker from the last night. He had no idea if someone pulled a prank and hacked the side to earn money by screwing with people around or that guy was only an asshole who's gotten too deep into the act and actually turned him down. Either way, he was willing to look for him everywhere and murder him brutally. He even had the whole torture plan as he remembered his face. Oddly enough, the beaten up man in front of him looked similar to the guy in the photo, but the boy on that picture looked much younger, not to mention wilder. This one, that was in front of him, looked more domesticated and kind.

Maybe they were related?

"Are you, by any chance related to someone called Floyd?"

Who? Nikolas only gave him a dumbfounded look that somehow turned to cute and confused (as Nikolai perceived it) thanks to his red nose and cup of tea he held in front of his lips.

With each passing second, his condition was getting worse and worse.

"Who is that?" he asked, his voice turned one hundred and eighty degree into something that almost resembled a female voice making Nikolas himself wish to be dead.

Nikolai, on the other hand, just had his heart explode. His CPO Mariano, despite being twenty years younger than his boss, was probably the wiser between two. He was his nephew and he could recognize when his uncle would set his eyes on a new target. They looked similar, their hair color a running trait in their family, but...