Harry Potter x Reader - Part 3

Harry had hardly anytime to wake up when he saw you. You came close to him, you eyes open and intent. You had been up for hours. You hardly slept, but that didn't seem to batter.

He stumbled backward, shocked from having your eyes so close to his. He smiled. "Good morning to you too."

Your stare was unwavering. "Stay."

He put his hands up and stood still. "Don't have to tell me twice."

"No, not like that." You grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. "Stay in Seattle."

His smile dropped. "(Y/N)..."

You let go of him and stepped back. Everything good that had happened the night before was gone and you could feel it. Things finally felt normal again, happy. Spending hours talking and reminiscing. It felt like falling in love with him all over again, which wasn't hard considering you'd done it before.

"Forget I said it," You said quickly, rushing back down the hallway. "What do you want for breakfast?" You called over your shoulder to him.

"(Y/N)," He called after you and followed you into the kitchen. "You know I can't stay. I want to."

You ignored him, your head in the fridge. "Some eggs? We can have toast. Oh, and tea too, just like old times."

"Tea sounds nice, but that's hardly the point. Stop distracting me."

"I always was good at it," You said jokingly. Your voice came out more cheerful than you'd expected. 

"You still are."

You smiled despite yourself. "So, yes to tea?"

"Yes, alright but then we're going to have a serious conversation."

"Like adults," You said in the deepest voice you could manage. You both burst into laughter and for a moment the room was light and empty.

Then the tea was ready and you couldn't avoid the seriousness of the room. You wanted things to be cheerful and boisterous, as it had once been in school. That was all before the war, before you left to a city with no magic and left behind everyone, including Harry.

"I know you can't stay, it was silly of me to think you would."

"I wish I could, I really do. But I have responsibilities. I have a job, family, friends to go back to."

"I forgot we weren't still in school, when everything was possible and nothing else mattered if we didn't want it to."

He laughed. "I miss those days sometimes."

You nodded and sipped your tea.

"You know," He cleared his throat. "You have things to go back to too. You still have friends and family waiting for you."

"I have a job here now. People don't sit around and wait for as long as I've been gone."

He nodded solemely and paused. He looked out the window at the rain, now the proper color. "Time seems to slow down here," He said absentmindely.

"Yeah it's the rain. It's very calming. That or there's some spell here that's affecting us."

"I like it, dark magic or not. I feel like I could stay here forever and never have to worry again."

You chuckled. "See why I never came back? I became happy with being alone, as long as I was in this city."

"Are you happy now, even though you're not alone?"

You laughed lightly, your breath dusting your tea lightly. "More than ever. Almost makes me want to leave."

"Then do it," He said, hope lighting up in his eyes. "Come back with me."

"Now you're the one talking crazy. Where would I stay? How would I get a job? My schooling is outdated and I haven't practiced magic since I left."

"Stay with me, I'll help you get back on your feet. We can call up a moving truck and take all your things outside of the city and then apparate it back to London. You can bring Jerry and all your plants. You can help me name my plants."

He paused for a moment then murmured contently, "It'll be like old times."

"Do you really think we can go back to the way things were?"

"We can try, and hey at least now we don't have a Dark Lord or a war looming over our heads."

You laughed. "But that was part of the fun."

He rolled his eyes. "You didn't die."

"Merlin Harry how many times are going to bring that up?" You laughed. "We get it, you came back from the dead. Not that big of a deal."

"Hey! Jesus came back from the dead and everyone freaked out, I come back from the dead and everyone's like 'oh just typical Harry'."

You couldn't think of a response, the laughter filling the entire building was enough. You missed laughing. You missed Harry. And even though the rain urged you not you, you wanted to leave to London with him. It was the rain that drew you to the city, and it was the rain that now pushed you away. Complacency wasn't good enough anymore, and that was all the rain ever did for you. The rain didn't make you laugh like this. You didn't fall in love with the rain over and over again like this.