Insomnia- Lucifer X Reader

"(Y/N)."

Just ignore him.

"(Y/N)."

Sigh.

"(Y/N)-"

"What?" I asked, tired. He wouldn't let me sleep. Ever since I took on Sam's proposal from Lucifer, life had been unbearable. I was losing sleep. I wasn't able to eat. I couldn't talk to anyone. I was slowly going insane. Lucifer wasn't in full control of my actions, but he was in charge of most of me.

"(Y/N), let's play a game. Alright. Let's play the floor is lava. And now it is," he grins wickedly. I look at the floor, and my hallucinations are causing my mind to see lava where the floor would be, and suddenly my body felt like it was actually on fire. I couldn't scream out in pain, because Lucifer had trapped me in my own mind. No one could save me here. I was basically in a more hellish coma.

"You know, I really wish you hadn't taken on your brother's sentence. I was really having fun with him. You just bring me down."

I tried to move. Still burning. Still unable to move.

"You have such a dark, confused mind, (Y/N). Your thoughts sometimes scare even me. Think about that for a minute," he sighed. "You know, I actually like you. You're the only Winchester that hasn't been obscenely rude to me or tried to kill me. I think that's wonderful. I guess I should treat you with the same level of peace."

My body was no longer burning. I a wave of cool air wash over me as my body temperature went down. I was hardly able to keep my eyes open. I would soon pass out from exhaustion if I didn't get some sleep. I turned on my side in my bed.

"You should sleep. I won't bother you tonight. Promise. Well, I won't torture you. Bother is another matter."

I was thankful for him letting up on his torment for the time being. He just wanted to use me to defeat his brothers and sisters. It was obvious who had taken whose side. Once I was out, he appeared to me in my dream.

"You know, you shouldn't keep things from your brothers. I'm surprised you've made it this far. You Winchesters are known for being snitches. Then again, you never share anything with each other. Emotions and information. It's all a guessing game. Unless you're hooked into their brains. Which I am. Well, yours anyway."

"Lucifer, why do you need a Winchester body as a vessel?"

"Anyone of you but Dean, actually. You Winchesters are a strong clan. You also can hold a lot in your minds. As vessels, you won't break until years and years of use. And abuse. Oh, you don't even have a clue what I'm going to do to you."

I walked away from him. He was upsetting my sleep. It wasn't fair.

"(Y/N), fine. Come. Sit."

He patted beside him on a couch he had conjured up. I reluctantly took a seat. He put his arm around me and pushed me into his side gently. I tried to pull away from his embrace, but he held me tightly.

"Stay. Please."

I didn't want to, but I couldn't leave. I closed my eyes in the position I was in. He let me get good sleep, allowing my mind to rest. He held me close and made sure I couldn't leave. That was probably a metaphor for something. I don't know.

I am safe in the loving embrace of Satan.

When I woke up, I was in full control of myself, and Lucifer was just talking to me at the back of my mind, telling me how happy he was that I was going to let him fulfill his plan. He could easily overpower my mind if he wanted to. I don't know why he hadn't yet.

I made my way downstairs and got some water. Sam was already sitting at the table looking worried.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)? You haven't come out of your room in days. You should eat something. Please tell me what's going on."

I grabbed a bagel and cream cheese and sat across from him.

"Sammy, I just haven't been getting good sleep. I've also just been a little off. This whole thing with the angels and demons is worrying me so much. I just didn't want you to say yes to Lucifer."

I hadn't lied technically. He seemed slightly satisfied with my answer. Sam asked me to follow him down the hall and I did. He led me to a room I had never seen before. Once we were inside, he shut and locked the door. I suddenly felt weird on the inside. Something inside me hurt when I entered the room. Sam made me sit down, then he forced me into chains despite my struggle.

"I got her!" He shouted to Dean, opening the door for him. As soon as Dean was in, the exit was resealed.

"What have you done with our sister?" Dean asked.

"Dean, I don't know what–"

"Yeah right. Lucifer, we know it's you. You don't have to pretend anymore. Now get out of her!"

"Dean, I don't know what you're talking about! Lucifer hasn't touched me. I'm 100% me. Go ahead, test."

He brought Cas in.

"It is (Y/N) who is in the foreground of her mind," Cas began. "But Lucifer is in there. He is just not the one in control."

"But, Cas, I thought angels needed consent to enter a vessel," Dean said, looking confused.

"They do," he grumbled at me.

"Guys, I don't–"

"How the hell do you explain this, then?" Sam asked. "Huh? Why would you do this to yourself. This was such a stupid thing to do! You realize Lucifer is impossible to get rid of, right?"

"Like herpes," Dean added.

"Can you stop with the constant STD and STI references, Dean? It makes me sick to think about you knowing about that first-hand. Yuck." I ground out. "Guys, I did let Lucifer in, but I have control. It's okay. We'll be fine. He's being nice. He was absolute torture at first, but now he's letting me have control of my body. It's pretty sweet digs."

He requested to come to the foreground in my mind. I let him take the wheel. He sat there, listening to my lecture for me. It was kinda sweet. When the lecture was over, the boys explained that they would leave me in here overnight to make sure lucifer doesn't do anything rash. They left the room, but left the light on for me. They knew I hated absolute darkness.

Lucifer came to the back of my mind with me. It looked like my room in the bunker. We sat on my bed and Lucifer held me again.

"(Y/N), I don't know if you will believe me, but I do care about you. I'm sorry I hurt you. I won't do that again. It was a mistake and I am so sorry."

"I forgive you," I breathed, falling onto the comfortable mind-bed. He smiled at me. "Sweet dreams, (Y/N)."

"Night," I yawned into my own mind. I let Luci take the wheel for the night and slept well for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Part Two?