δεκαεπτά

"Please don't do that again" I said to Paris as Helen cleaned his wound. Paris didn't meet my eyes and kept his head low. "If it wasn't for Hector, you could have died"

Helen started to stitch up Paris' wound. "This just made Agamemnon more furious" I said and looked at Hector.

"What could I do? He almost killed Paris by my feet" Hector said. I sighed and combed my hair with my fingers.

"Be prepared tomorrow, brother. I'm pretty sure Agamemnon will make his move. He is more determined now to kill us, to kill you" I said to him.

"You can't fight with us tomorrow" He said making me raise an eyebrow and looked at my foot which was thankfully healing pretty fast.

"I'm fine."

"Father won't let you. I won't let you"

"Since when did I follow Father's orders when it comes to war? Do you remember that I fought with you after I got a huge stitch on my stomach?" I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "I just sprained my ankle"

"Selene" Hector warned.

"Hector" I mocked.

"Just stay here" Hector said with a hard look on his face. "We almost lost Paris. I can't risk losing you too"

"Hey! Didn't I tell you? Troy won't get rid of me that easily." I said and lightly punched his arm. He raised an eyebrow at me and shook his head.

"Oh, C'mon!" I whined. I turned to Paris and mouthed a "help" but he just bit his lip and looked away.

"Wow, thanks for the help, brother" I muttered.

"Please, brother? I'll just fight in the morning. You know that I will become restless if I won't fight tomorrow!" I pleaded. I held his hand and slightly tugged it. He looked at me then looked away before sighing.

"Go to sleep, I'll think about it" He said making me grin.

"Goodnight, big brother" I teased and kissed his cheek before kissing Paris' forehead. "You, trouble maker, rest. So I can beat you up tomorrow after the morning fight." I said, dropping all of the playfulness making Paris groan.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked out of his room. I nearly skipped through the hallway in excitement when I accidentally bumped into Briseis who was heading to her chambers. "I have to talk to you." I said and pulled her hand towards my chambers.

"I met someone" I said quickly and bit my lip as I closed the door. Briseis raised an eyebrow and sat on my bed. "And who's the lucky man?"

"I don't know if I should even be liking him. It's forbidden" I said and looked outside my window. I rested my arms on the railings and watched the peaceful night.

"Is he a Spartan?" Briseis asked forwardly. I turned and shook my head in disgust.

"Briseis," I said and walked towards her before holding her hand. "I am in love with the man who will soon bring our city into flames."

Briseis nodded, it was as if she could understand me. "And you're scared because your Father might know?" She asked and I nodded.

"Uncle isn't like that, Selene. He is the kindest person I ever met in my whole life" Briseis said. I sighed and touched the pearl necklace that Achilles gave me.

"It's Achilles' necklace" I said making her gasp.

"The greatest Greek warrior?" She asked, her brown eyes wide as I slowly nodded.

"You have to help me" I said. She looked at the necklace before looking at me.

"I'm gonna meet him tomorrow when everyone is asleep. You have to cover for me. I'll be back the next morning" I said quietly.

"You're gonna get yourself killed!" She whispered shouted but I shook my head.

"No, trust me" I said and held her hand tightly.

"Just please be careful, cousin" She warned. I nodded and smiled at her.

"Thank you so much, cousin. I love you" I said and hugged her. "I love you too" She sighed as I escorted her out of the door.

I just hope that everything goes perfectly fine tomorrow.