δεκαεννέα

I smiled as I reached Achilles' tent safely. I peered through the tent's flap and saw him sleeping. I entered quietly and kneeled beside his makeshift bed.

I started tracing every feature he has, hoping to memorize every detail about him. He was undoubtedly gorgeous. He even looked so beautiful while sleeping peacefully.

I pecked his pink lips making him open his eyes in alarm and almost wrapped his fingers around my neck.

"Selene" He breathed out when he relaxed as he saw my smiling face. "What are you doing here?"

"I missed you" I whispered at him.

"This is not safe, Selene" He frowned. I sighed and climbed his bed that is made out of deer skin. I laid in his chest as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and felt his legs tangled with mine.

"You really did this for me, woman?" Achilles asked. I looked up from his chest and saw amusement in his eyes. I smiled and nodded before laying on his chest comfortably. I inhaled his familiar scent.

I really am in love.

"I told you to wait for me" Achilles said and stroked my hair gently.

"I was in the battlefield earlier" I informed him. Achilles took my hand that is resting on his chest and intertwined it with his. "I almost saw Hector die in front of me"

Achilles didn't say anything, instead he pecked my head and listened as I informed him what happened today.

"I thought of it. What if I was in his position? What if I was in his place and he wasn't there to rescue me? What if it was my last day here in this world?"

"What if I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to you?" I said, my voice shaking as a tear fell on his bare chest, his grip on my shoulder tightened as he tensed under my touch.

"What if I didn't get the chance to say to my Father that even if I didn't listen to him, I still loved him? What if I didn't get the chance to say I'm sorry to Paris for treating him coldly? What if I didn't get the chance to say thank you to Hector?"

"What if.... what if I didn't get the chance to say I love you?" I whispered, clamping my eyes shut as I tried not to sob.

"Look at me" Achilles said softly but I shook my head as more tears fell.

"Look at me, princess"

I sniffed and shook my head again.

"Please, look at me, Selene" He said, his voice slightly cracking when he said my name. I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly looked at him. His blue eyes looked at me with so many emotions.

At first, when I met him. His eyes were as hard as a stone. They held no emotions but now, he showed so many emotions and that made me sob.

"I.... I just thought of it.. and.... and I just can't die... without telling you how.... I feel" I choked out. He cupped my cheeks and kissed my lips repeatedly.

"Shhhh, princess" He hushed, trying to calm me down.

"I have been on the battlefield ever since I was a kid. I have met so many women, most of them were in love with me. I played. I played with them because I never wanted to have a wife or a partner. I can't just leave them alone while I fight for my country. I can't just leave them without assuring them that I'll be back home alive. But you know what, princess? From the moment I saw you in Apollo's temple? It was my first time to ever pray to a god. I prayed and asked him to keep you safe because you changed me. When I saw you, I wanted to spend my whole life with you, princess"

My heart melted with what Achilles said. It was so strange hearing these words from a man, especially from the mighty Greek warrior. Tears fell and this time Achilles caught them and wiped my cheeks with his thumb.

"Thank you for coming here" Achilles said and kissed my forehead. I smiled and pulled him into a deep kiss.

He was my enemy, but I love him. And I hope that Hector and Father would agree with this.