Chapter 12A

I know that this is not a long enough chapter. If I wrote everything I wanted to about what happens at the party, it would be a very long chapter. I know that wouldn't be a problem, since many of you want longer chapters, but I don't know when I'd be able to post it. That being said, I'm going to make Drew's party cover two chapters, then combine them later. I figured you would rather read some than none. Don't worry........all the juicy parts are yet to come! I hope you enjoy it, and thanks so much for your continued support!!

Pic of right is Grey Damon as Mike.

***********************************************************************************************************************

DREW

The game was great. Our team managed to win by two touchdowns. I was on an adrenaline rush. I was standing on the sidelines as the game ended, when Ellie came rushing toward me. I scooped her up and twirled her around.

"Congratulations!" she squealed, kissing me full on the lips. I kissed her back, then broke away and put her down gently.

"Thanks," I said.

My eyes were drawn to where Jake was standing. I watched how he walked over to where Em was in the stands. They embraced, and he leaned in for a kiss. Every muscle in my body tensed. Why did it bother me that those two were kissing? I had just kissed Ellie seconds before.

I didn't have feelings for Em. Well, not romantic ones. I was dating Ellie, and Em was just my friend. I really hope these strange reactions to all things Em Martin I was having were gone soon. I really liked Em, but I couldn't deal with this.

"I'm just gonna run home and change, then I'll be over for the party," Ellie said, patting me on the butt before walking off towards the school.

I walked over to where Em and Jake were standing. Adam was there, too. Em and Adam had both agreed to go back to my house as soon as the game was over to welcome the guests that came before I got there. I still had to run to the locker rooms and change.

"You guys all set?" I asked them.

"Yeah, we were just saying goodbye to Jake, then we were going to head over," Em said.

It took me a second to respond, since I was distracted by Em and Jake's entwined hands.

"Great! You guys have Adam's car?" I checked.

"Yep," Adam said, giving me a quizzical look.

I wondered what that was for.

EMILY

As Adam pulled out of the parking lot, he sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"It's that girl I've been talking to. I told her I was going to a party this weekend, and she said she might come. It seemed like the perfect way to meet face to face for the first time. I was really excited," he explained.

"I'm guessing something went wrong?" I inquired.

"I told her the address, and she stopped talking. Then she said she wouldn't be able to make it," he commented.

"Aw, poor Adam. You'll meet her. Maybe she's just nervous. Have you seen her picture yet? Maybe she's afraid you won't like her," I suggested.

"We agreed to be surprised. I didn't want to show her mine, either. I was afraid she'd run away screaming," he exclaimed.

"You are way too hard on yourself. You're not a bad looking guy," I stated.

"Says the girl who refuses to look in mirrors," Adam retorted.