Chapter 10

I rolled out of bed with a smile on my face. My toes sunk into my plush carpet and I stretched. I was still happy after my date with Cassio, even if Hamilton did ruin it. I’m hoping that he will call me again soon for a second date. I sighed wistfully.

 I took a quick shower and pulled on my gym clothes. I had called Callie last night asking her if she wanted to go. She agreed. She supposedly needed to lose a few pounds. I rolled my eyes the girl had the perfect body she has nothing to complain about. I had a couple of rice cakes for breakfast, bland I know. I gave Gregor a quick rub and then headed out the door to the gym.

I pushed the door open out onto the cobbled street. I braced myself for the bitter weather. I shivered, there was a chill in the air, it wasn’t too bad though especially for Paris. A couple of people lined the streets, some people sat outside on the terrace of the local popular cafe. They slowly sipped their coffee as I speed-walked past. I quickly checked the time on my phone, I was late.

The Metro was about to pull off when I arrived, I ran for the doors and hopped on before they closed behind me. I sighed in relief and took a seat. I put in my earphones and listened to some music. After about ten minutes I had arrived.

I was in the posher part of Paris. Fancy three story houses lined the streets with gardens out front. Expensive cars were parked outside. The area I was in now was close to where Hamilton lives. I just hoped that I wouldn’t run into him.

After two minutes walking, I reached the gym. It was massive with a huge glass entrance. People were pouring in and out of it. It is a very exclusive gym that Callie is a member of and she can get me in for free because of that. It is decked out in the most expensive equipment and has an Olympic sized swimming pool. I felt like such a poor person in comparison to the other people there.

I walked straight past reception and into the changing rooms where I knew Callie would be waiting. I pushed open the door; Callie quickly glanced up from her phone and gave me a stern look.

“Talia where were you?” she asked. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry” I said while I took my bag off my back. “There were some delays” I lied. Truthfully I just didn’t get up early enough but I wasn’t going to tell her that she would kill me. “Alright, its okay I forgive” she said grinning while removing her engagement ring. I still was not used to the idea of her being engaged. When she does get married everything will change. I can feel it changing already; we definitely don’t hang out as much. Not that I am bitter or anything I just wish that things would stay the same. I will most likely be the third wheel from now on.

I grabbed my water and exited the changing rooms with Callie trailing behind me. We wandered upstairs and did our usual routine which was some core workout like weights, push ups and sit ups etc. If it weren’t for Callie it would be quite a boring experience. I prefer to go running in the park but since I met Cassio there I don’t want to chance meeting him while looking like a tomato. So the sweaty, smelly gym it is. Callie held my feet while I did some sit up’s.

“So did you have sex with your boss yet?” Callie asked abruptly. I gasped and nearly collapsed onto the mat. “No I did not, in case you have forgotten Callie I hate him with a vengeance” I explained. “Me thinks the lady dost protest too much” she laughed while rubbing her chin. “Oh shut up, and stop quoting Shakespeare” I said and pushed her away. Callie fell over and was sprawled on the floor of the gym. I laughed and shook my head. “Help me up?” she asked while waving her arm at me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to her feet. “Thanks” she mumbled. “Actually why am I thanking you, you are the one who pushed me over” she growled at me jokingly. “You are being nice because I am stuck with you and your stupidity for the day” I said and pulled her along towards the bikes. She tried to retaliate but I cut her off.