INTERLUDE: King's Arrival

A/N: I'm dedicating this special chapter to the members of TEAM PROJECT LOKI (or TEAM PATATAS LOVERS). Happy Monthsary!

~*~

LUTHOR WAS never born a foot soldier. If he was fighting a war, he would be a general commanding an army. He will never hold a sword. Instead he will ask someone to hold a sword for him and slaughter his enemies.

He never liked legwork. He despised it. He always had someone to do the dirty work for him.

He lives like a king. He rules like a king. He is a king. Whether the white or the black, only God knows.

During the weekends, he would enjoy his afternoon by sipping his favorite brand of tea and reading books about politics. But today was different. He found himself on the backseat of a blue Subaru. Their family chaffeur, Mr. Vasquez, drove him to a three-storey apartment building a few blocks away from his high school.

For quite some time, he had known where his younger brother lives but he had never been in the latter's quarters. Loki tried to hide his address from him, but as someone with eyes and ears everywhere, Luthor got the information in the snap of a finger.

It was his duty as the older brother to look after the younger one. Their parents were several continents away from them, so the burden fell on his shoulder. But Luthor never considered it a burden. He cares for his younger brother, though the latter might not feel the same for him.

Like a cliche drama, Luthor and Loki traded barbs minutes after they laid eyes on each other. Not surprising, he thought. His brother never held him in the highest regard. And he understood why.

He had nothing to worry about. His brother seemed to have recovered from the injuries.

Time is of the essence so Luthor did not stay too long in the apartment. Another important task awaits him. He trusts that Loki's roommate, Lorelei, would take care of his brother. Strangely though, he could feel some hostility from the young lady especially after she had asked him some questions on his way out.

He left the apartment unit without hearing any words of gratitude from his brother. He would be a fool if he expected the words "thank you" to escape from Loki's lips. After all, his brother never knew what happened in the abandoned warehouse.

Luthor did not mind. No one would thank him. No one would write songs about him. No one would sing him praises for what he did.

Still he did not mind. He knew what he signed up for. It was a thankless job.

When he got back in the car, he revealed his phone and started typing some weird symbols. Anyone who sees the cryptic message would furrow their brows in bewilderment.

Without re-reading the message, he sent it to a phone number that wasn't saved in his contact list

Without re-reading the message, he sent it to a phone number that wasn't saved in his contact list. He also deleted the message thread as soon as the message was delivered.