3. Soups and Thermometers.

M'gann blinked in confusion for a second and was about to ask what was going on before the slumbering child on the couch suddenly sat up and went into a coughing fit.

M'gann's eyes widened and she immediately flew over to him, hitting his back lightly as she had once seen on TV to help the boy. Robin's coughing soon died down and he breathed deeply to regain his breath.

The Boy Wonder looked up at the green martian with a tired smile,"Thanks, Miss M."

M'gann only nodded with a smile before pushing the boy back down into a lying position on the couch.

"You're welcome Robin. Are you sick?"

"Yup, he's sick."

"Oh? Maybe he should head home then?"

"He's too stubborn to do that."

"But he doesn't look healthy."

"Yeah, I know right-"

"Can you two please stop talking like I'm not here?"

Robin huffed from his position on the couch resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

M'gann looked at the raven haired bird apologetically before pulling the blanket up to the his chest again and sitting down next to him on the couch."Do you need anything? I heard that when people get sick on Earth, it's customary to make them soup."

Robin didn't seem like he wanted soup but Wally immediately jumped at the mention of food,"Yeah I think that will help green cheeks. Wanna go make some?"

Robin rolled his eyes at the speedster under his sunglasses, the former urge breaking the constraints of his self-control, of course, who could not roll their eyes in Wally's presence. "You only want her to make soup so that you can eat it."

The speedster put a hand over his heart with a ridiculous and obviously fake, hurt look."It wounds me that my own best friend thinks I'd take advantage of someone like that."

His words were met with another eye roll under the bird's sunglasses before M'gann spoke up again. "I heard that on Earth, when someone is sick, you normally check their temperature with a thermometer thingy right? I think I there's one of those in the medical wing!" She said as she got up and quickly flew down the hall, seemingly too excited about the fact that her teammate was sick.

Robin inwardly groaned. He liked Miss Martian and all but he really didn't want to be mothered or fussed over. He came to the cave to spend some time with the team and away from his daily life. He came to have fun. Not to get sick and be 'cared' for by his teammates.

To be honest, he wasn't unhappy because he hated having his teammates seeing him so weak, he was unhappy because their method of 'caring' for him would probably end up making his illness worse.

It didn't take long for the green girl to come flying back into the room with a thermometer in hand. She had an overly-happy smile on her face as she made her way over to the couch that the Boy wonder was resting on, but she turned to Wally first. "Now does this go in his mouth or up his arse?"

Robin's eyes widened to the size of plates and he immediately jumped up from the couch to get away, but his weak body betrayed him, causing him to fall to the floor as his legs gave in under him.

Kid Flash luckily caught him before he hit the floor and pushed him back down onto the couch. "Oh no you don't. You're staying right here." He said sternly before turning and sitting down on top of the Boy Wonder's stomach to keep him in place, causing the sick bird under him to start struggling to get him off due to the lack of air.

Wally ignored Robin's weak efforts of getting him off and looked at M'gann. "I think we'll just put it in his mouth."

The speedster took the thermometer from the Martian and looked down at the struggling boy before shoving the thermometer into his mouth.

Robin immediately tried to take it out, but he was stopped by the ginger haired teen,"If you take that out I'm shoving it up your you-know-what."

The Boy Wonder's eyes widened again and he left the thermometer in his mouth, secretly planning his revenge.