Lollipops - Chapter 2

Naomi lightly padded her feet against the steps of the Astronomy Tower with a strawberry flavoured lollipop twirling in her mouth. She was bored—that was for sure. There were no friends to play with, no homework to complete, and no letters to write home.

So, there she was, bored out of her mind, with her long, golden hair swishing down her back as she walked up.

Boredom was sometimes a terrible thing, but sometimes it led to the best of things. Naomi Serdeys realized this when she made her way to her destination, sighting Sirius Black with a distressed look on his face.

Naomi wasn't the slightest bit phased, because with the amount of times she kept to herself, she was able to observe those around her. She knew many things about her fellow classmates in Hogwarts:

She knew when it was that people fancied one another, and she knew when it was that people disliked each other.

She knew when people were hurting on the inside, but acted like they were okay on the outside.

She knew Sirius Black was one of those people. And because of that, Naomi didn't question why it was that the overly popular teenager, who always seemed to be so happy, was looking so downcast.

The girl shuffled her feet along the floor until she was directly beside Sirius, who seemed to be in such a distracted state that he didn't even notice the calm and quiet girl beside him.

Well, that was until she tapped his shoulder lightly.

Sirius fell out of his shocked state with a cringe, expecting someone to pester him out of his calmness. However, when he saw that it was not one of his mates, nor a girl interested in him, but Naomi Serdeys, his eyebrows raised. As if not wanting anyone to catch him in his weakened and tired state, he regained his posture and fixed his slouched back.

A boy with an arrogant smirk, puffed out chest, and glittering, cocky gray eyes took the place of the previously saddened figure.

Though, what surprised the boy was that the girl's knees did not weaken, and she did not let out a flirtatious giggle. She didn't twirl her hair and she did not attack the boy with her lips. Instead, she saw straight through him.

Naomi still saw the sad boy.

And so, she didn't respond to his new manly act, but continued gazing far out, and enjoying the beautiful view from far up above. She casually greeted him with a glance, "Hello."

His smirk broadened when she acknowledged him. "Why, hello there, Serdeys,"

Naomi didn't respond. Instead, she shuffled into her red sweaters' pocket for quite some time, until she retrieved what she was looking for. With the wind blowing her long, golden hair, Naomi handed Sirius a watermelon flavoured lolly.

He took it with surprise, but then he took that moment as the perfect time to ask the girl the question that he had been curious about since day one. The timing seemed just right. "You know, I've always wondered why it is that you give everyone lollipops,"

She paused, searching her brain for an answer. "Well, that's for me to know, and you to find out."

"Oh trust me, I will find out," Sirius grinned roguishly. "So, what brings you here on this fine day? Have you been stalking me? 'Cause, you wouldn't be the first. And if you were, well—I mean, how can I blame you? Have you seen my toned abs?"

Naomi lightly smiled in amusement at the confident and big headed person beside her. "I actually came here to think."

"Right, well," he shook his head to put himself back on track, "I guess I'll see your pretty face around." And then came back his cocky self.

"Maybe,"

The boy nodded, taking the girl's answer as a yes. Just as he was ripping open the wrapper on his given candy, he was stopped by Naomi, who still refused to turn around, "Just some friendly advice; talk to your little brother. Trust me, it'll help."

She heard as Sirius' steps stopped for a moment or two, and could practically feel his piercing gaze launch dozens of questions at her. Help with what? Soon after though, he went along his own way, padding down the stairs after giving Naomi a long and meaningful look. When she was certain that he was gone, she let out a chuckle.

——————

Yay or nay? Good or bad? Whoo or boo? C'mon guys, I need some answers!

By the way, keep in mind that I'm only 11 years old, and I have an excuse for my writing being so incredibly trashy.

Edit: As of right now, I'm 14 years old, but I first published this story when I was 11, and this was one of the first few chapters!

This chapter was very short, but once I get more used to writing I will make the chapters a lot longer.

QOTD: What house did you think Naomi would be in before you found out she was in Ravenclaw?
AOTD: I don't know because I'm the author, but maybe Hufflepuff would've been suitable.

Vote and comment!

Love,
Manny