‡ Chapter 9 ‡

Theo James as Levi (hottie alert to the right>>)

 Thanks for the reads and votes! #19 on Sci Fi and #20 on Action?! Kisses <3

Here you go...

WARNING: UN-EDITED

‡††‡‡†

Rooting my feet to the ground, I stared hungrily at the approaching men.  Then Levi bowled me over from the right.  He slammed my stomach onto the cement, pushing asphalt into my mouth. 

My head throbbed as it smacked off, a low moan dragging. 

“No.  You’re not controlled, Jessie.  I’m not letting you do anything stupid, let alone harm innocent people,” he whispered.  My ears twitched at the sound of metal clinking together. 

Anger writhed through my body and I screamed, summoning the unknown strength and somehow pushed him off, pinning him down so we had switched spots.  “You’re not handcuffing me,” I snarled, pressing his face down.

I quickly rolled off of him and just as I stood, someone attacked me, throwing us both into a shop window. Glass flew and I yelped, the sharp fragments digging on my landing.  The shoppers darted out of the deli, dropping their bags and crashing past the door. 

My attacker scrambled up, and I did the same.  I measured his white pudgy nose that was similar to a pug and the black leather jacket that tightened around his slender built.  Side baring that there was no sign of the snake tattoo, I barley dodged his punch, the breeze brushing past my check.  His fists ripping like bullets, I backed into the cashier and ducked, knocking him from his feet.  Before he crumbled, I drove my heel to the side of his head, the coldness sweeping over him before the ground. 

I arched my gaze out the shop windows, my boots crunching on top of the glass.    The crowds had evaded the area, a large circle made by moronic pedestrians.  “Levi?” I called, the two gone. 

Confusion swelled my thoughts.  I jumped through the broken window and triggered a gang of ten men.  They caged me in all directions, my fear escalating.  

“Hey pretty little thing.”  I whirled my head and noticed one behind, advancing faster.  A spark of terror pulled at my chest before getting sucked into the internal darkness. 

I spun, clipping my heel to his forehead.  I sensed their swift arms and nimble legs, knowing their moves before they could begin.  Humour must have seized the crowd, a small girl beating a group of grown men with her bare hands. 

One had removed a knife from his sheath and made a swing towards my stomach.  I jumped back and swung a leg to his throat.  Bending into a bridge, his knuckles sailed above my face, just missing the bridge of my nose.  I caught his arm and drove my boot into his spine, his skull hitting the cement, lost for air. 

Knees ready for the next attacker, I was awaken by the silence.  The ten brave men laid either unconscious or dead, never have I been so unsure.  My breath was raged, uneven.  My heart beats took a drag.  Satisfaction settled within my stomach, alive and well.  The hunger for destruction gone.