Ch23

I sat on my bed eating hot cheetos while scrolling through my timeline on twitter. I hadn't been to school in the last 2 days and I didn't plan on going for the rest of the week.

With my mom being in the hospital was a lot on my plate. I had so much on my mind I honestly didn't know what to do. I still couldn't believe my mom tried to take her own life away.

Stokeley's been coming around trying to comfort me but I hardly said anything to him. I hardly said a word to anyone at all.

My room door opened and Indya walked in. I glanced at her then focused back onto my phone.

"Hey..." She said awkwardly.

Since my mom went into the hospital and me and her had that little moment from her taking up for dad we hadn't talked once.

Although we were both living in the same house, we acted as if each other didn't even exist. I cooked for myself, she brought her own food, we walked down the hall past each other and never even made eye contact.

I did feel alone but I didn't care. I was upset. I was angry and I couldn't think straight.

"Im going to stay with Jahseh until mom gets out of the hospital. I can't stand to stay in this house much longer. Its so dull, and I need to get away from the depression" She says.

I continued to scroll down my twitter, clicking on peoples profiles.

"I'm sorry by the way. Whatever dad did to you in the past im sorry. If you need me or need anyone to talk to you know im always here" She says quietly.

After I didn't reply, she turns to leave out. She stops and turns back around to me-

"I love you"

I hear the door close and look up from my phone to see her gone. I lock my phone and sigh.

Great. Now I really was alone, even though its been felt that way I still needed to be in someones presence.
•••

"You want anything to eat?" Stokeley asks coming to sit next to me on the couch.

An hour after Indya left I decided to call Stokeley. I told him about Indya going to stay with Jah and how I was going to be alone. he offered to come stay with me but I insisted I stayed with him instead.

Indya was right. Being in that house was very depressing and I needed to get away as well.

"Im not hungry" I told him.

"When was the last time you ate?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"You need to eat" He said getting back up.

"No. Why are you so concerned about me?" I snapped.

He stared at me then sat back down.

"Im sorry" I said after realizing I was snapping on him for no reason.

"Asia I worry about you because I care about you." He says.

"I want you to talk to me open up to me because I feel like i'm losing you more and more everyday"