92: Secretly Femme Fatale

["Thank you for waiting for us, Ashe."] 

Her thoughts caused Ashe to temporarily widen his brilliant golden eyes, but he revealed an amused smile right after. With a sigh, he muttered under his breathe, "Not seeing you for a while made you so enlightened... What more if you meet my mother, I wonder."

His soft mutter was gone unnoticed by Lea's perceptive hearing, and her ruby eyes flashed a glint of bemuse. 

At a corner, Bright was not able to hear what Ashe was talking about, and neither could he hear Lea's thoughts. Even when she did resound it in his head, he wouldn't like it. Contented as a spectator, his blue eyes wondered about the quiet and dignified-looking cat. For queer reasons, he felt familiarity. However, despite his intense stare, the cat did not bother to look at him.

'Did she pick up a beast along the way...?' Bright thought, turning his head towards Victor. 'A fox and a cat...' For some reason, he thought himself the dog. He chuckled at the thought of Lea's companions. 

Left amused by himself, he was obliviously being pried by Lea's essences. She could vaguely understand what his mind was going through, and she herself couldn't stop a smile on her face. Thus, without anyone's notice, Bright made Lea smile.

.

They changed their location into the temporary house Bright and Oliver lived in. As they gathered around the available seats, Lea confronted Ashe. "Sabrina, your mother's homeland, why does she remain there if she could have easily searched for Ingrid by herself?"

Taken aback by her sudden interrogation, Ashe stiffened. He remained silent.

With a nod, Lea pressed on, "It was not only Ingrid who had to deal with repercussions.... So did Sabrina. And why would you agree to have me meet your mother? I might do her harm."

To her query, Ashe had an answer. "I agreed at first as you have the fox beside you. I did not change my mind knowing you are not foolish. You have nothing to gain by killing my mother."

Ashe then revealed many things in two sentences that made Lea gasped in realization. "You deem me worthy to be able to kill your mother, but trust me enough not to harm her. That is some confidence, but your trust is not misplaced. Until... I received news that can change my mind."

And at her threatening voice, Ashe could feel a sudden tension rise. It was as if Lea willed the might that could make him tremble into submission. More than his mother, more than anyone he has yet to meet. Now he knew, he did not know the person named Lea that well just yet. As he gazed at her ruby eyes, he understood she was serious.

Victor was not affected by the tension and remained his lethargic self. Bright on the other hand, silently sneaked away to prepare dinner. Since he would not be able to help Lea in her talk with Ashe anyway, he thought of preparing an adequate meal for when they finished. 

Imhe, the cat was silently observing Lea. Her ruby eyes glinted with new visions. 

"...I have seen as many cruelties, but why are you able to cause me pressure?"

"Cruelties? In Sabrina?" His question ignored, Lea instead picked up another query from his line. He was starting to fear whatever came out of his mouth. The more he said more, the more he seemed Lea would caught on quite readily. And the more his standing would degrade in her eyes.

And as if reading his mind, she continued, "You don't have to worry about that. I just want to make sure of the possibilities, and counter it with the information I have. And.... you are as fine as you have been." Her last sentence resigned, she revealed there was no point to his worry. She could have cared less as long as she knew what was ahead.