Chapter Five

I love this banner so much! Thank you aBrokenAngel for making this beautiful banner for me (:

If you would like to send a banner in for a special mention my email is open Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2060

~Alaya

I'm not sure why my mind decided the man in front of me should have been Alpha Asher. It works in a strange way like that. So when it saw that the man is not in fact Asher, I was oddly disappointed.

Instead, the man doesn't have the magnificent golden eyes I had expected. They are the same hazel to dark brown colour that most Desire Pack members sport. He has rather bland features too, however, he is still attractive. He can be as attractive as he wants, it doesn't make me any less creeped out.

"You left this?" I question, holding the invitation.

He must have just come from the party considering he is wearing a flashy suit and his hair is styled aptly. As he glances down at the invitation, I notice the way his eyes cloud with confusion, a slight frown crossing his forehead before he nodded, almost warily.

"I have many questions," I say, pulling the invitation back. His look has made me slightly suspicious. Is he lying?

He holds his gloved hand out, however, I don't shake it. "I'm Myles."

"How did I get here?" I question, remembering the strange corridor I came into from the bathroom. Right now I'm on the edge of believing I'm drugged up, or there is something else going on here. What that may be, I have no idea, since my reality doesn't include shifting hallways and broom closets.

"You walked here," he says cockily. At his words, I turn back to the door that would lead me nowhere, just to prove a point. He grabs my arm, however, pulling me back to face him.

I rip away instantly.

"You want to know the real reason why I'm here?" he questions, looking slightly angered by me. "Why you're here?"

"I guess..."

Myles looked over his shoulder, as if someone was behind him listening in. All I see is a blank wall. Grabbing my arm, he drags me over to the door, swinging it open. The broom closet isn't there no more, instead replaced by another hallway, different from the other. No more painting on the wall, and the carpet that covers the entire expanse seems almost cashmere.

"Where are you taking me?" I demand, as he roughly pulls me after him. On whatever drink this is, I stumble clumsily behind him, wishing he would slow down for at least a second.

"Upstairs."

My blood runs cold. Upstairs? That's where the special invites go. I'm surely not allowed up there unless I want to be kicked out of this entire thing. The people that are up there are probably wealthy and highly ranked within this pack's society. I can't imagine anywhere where I would look more out of place.

"You didn't answer my question. Why were you there?" I demand. He keeps walking, the length of the corridor expanding to the point where I struggle to imagine making it that far.

"I've been hired," Myles replies shortly. "And don't ask by who, or why, because I have no idea."

I keep my mouth shut, but only for a moment.

"Am I drugged?" I decided to test.

Myles stops at a door that almost seemed to appear out of nowhere. When he opens the door, he reveals a staircase. It's dressed in a black runner trimmed with golden. Where it leads, I'm curious to find out. This confidence that I have must be from what I drunk, and suddenly I'm tempted to find some more to down.