|Chapter 8|

*Hermione*

I was rushed to St. Mungo's, because they wanted my babies to have the best magical care possible. I felt like something was wrong, but at the same time I wasn't sure if I was just imagining things. Harry and Draco had been questioning me, with no response from me, the whole way. I wanted to explain but the way they badgered me made me want to knock their teeth in.

"Mione, are you okay!?" Draco asked, finally calming down and really looking at me.

"I don't know," I took a moment to try to answer that. Someone that I had fully trusted weeks ago had just assaulted me, my old enemy was someone I lusted for and my best friend had become my protector. I didn't feel okay but I knew there was nothing I could do to fix any of it.

"I know that you don't want to talk about it, but why didn't you tell me?" Draco asked, grabbing for my hand. I pulled it away from him.

"I don't need you caught up in this. You helped make them, but that doesn't mean you have to stick around," I whispered, "I'm trying to give you an out." I didn't want him to go, but I knew no one would want babies in their last year of school.

"I didn't ask you for an out, they are my kids. I just want to know how long you've held back the information."

"I found out right before I came home," I pulled away from him, trying desperately to avoid looking into his eyes. I knew I would give in to him but I knew he wasn't entirely reliable right now.

"You knew that whole time? How could you not tell me?" He questioned, starting to look upset.

"I didn't feel like it was the right time, since it would have just given Ronald a different target."

He held his head in his hands as he paced the waiting room. I was feeling better by the second, but he was looking worse.

"I feel sick," he complained right before passing out. His bandaged abdomen was bleeding, it could've been from the fighting. I could have just caused him to be further injured.

"Hermione Granger, we will see you now."

I saw the doctor waiting but Draco had just collapsed. I bent down and Harry lifted him up for me.

"This man is the father of my children, please take good care of him." I told the nurse whom accompanied the doctor. I followed the doctor to a room where they made me change into a paper gown. 

Immediately there were doctors and nurses bustling in and out running their wands over me, bursts of light flew all over. Soon they all collected around me and looked solemn.

"Ms. Granger, I'm afraid that the shock to your body is not a sustainable living condition for a fetus. One of your children seems fine but I'm worried this may have had a detrimental effect on your smaller baby."

The doctor who had just spoken looked at me as if he expected me to thank him. I wanted to die, it was all my fault. I couldn't protect them and he is telling me one of my babies could be dying. I felt how overwhelmed I was getting and so I gripped Harry's arm, trying to convey somehow that I wasn't feeling okay.

"'Mione? Are you-" Harry asked as I slowly slipped from consciousness.  I felt like I woke up in the trauma room where they had taken Draco.

He was awake, screaming in pain as they fought to get him to a healthy condition. They had placed a chest tube, which must have been why he was screaming. (For anyone that doesn't know, a chest tube is inserted into a lung to make breathing easier, it is quite painful for a patient if they are awake.) 

"He's running lines of v-tech! Someone grab a crash cart!" I was amazed at how similar to a muggle ER this scenario was. They shocked him a few times until his heart beat was steady.

"You, sir, gave us quite the scare," the woman doctor soothed him, "You had a heart attack which sent your body into shock. You were quite touch and go. We're going to need to keep you overnight for observation," she purred, her hands on his chest.

I could not get over how flirtatious this woman was. I wanted to claw her eyes out because she was flirting with him while one of his children was dying in my womb.

"'Mione?" Draco asked, looking straight at me. The doctor turned and her eyes grew wide.

"Miss, you can't be in here!" She was screeching. As she went to push me towards the door, I felt as if I were waking up.

I woke up in my bed again, where Harry was looking concerned once more, "You never told me that you had studied astral projection?" He seemed hurt, but I felt confused because I hadn't.

"When did I astral project? I just had an out of body experience is all!" I argued.

"No ma'am, when you projected your children went with you and so we were concerned that you had possibly lost them both. I need to advise against doing that again." A doctor explained.

I simplified what they had told me to: don't do something that I can't control because it might kill my kids.

I felt incredibly nervous about the possibility of losing a child. I also knew I was worried about Draco. If he was sick now, wait until he finds out about the babies. How did things get so messed up so fast ?

**A/N: Sorry this is short you guys but it's kind of a filler chapter!