Chapter Fourteen

Ahmad's POV.

The melodious and symphonic carefree chirping of the birds who usually settle on a tree right outside the window of my office when it's dusk seem to calm my erratic heartbeat that's not willing to become steady since I woke up in the morning.

I spent the whole day at the office acting gloomy for no reason and when I finished all my work at the office,a heavy downpour stopped me from going home.

I prefer the natural cool breeze after a rainfall than the air condition in my office so I opened the window and let the breeze in,falling into a serious daydream while gazing at the creatures wavering beside their nest.I had a confusing and unsettling nightmare the night before which I can't seem to take off my mind.The frightening dream has do with my relationship with Safaa.

The shrilling sound of my phone brought an end to my train of thoughts and after the phone call,I gathered my stuff to go and meet Salman at the estate we will settle in before leaving to Australia.

It's a fifteen minutes drive from my office when the traffic is less so I met him immediately and seeing the progress of the interior designers we proceeded to book for a hall where Baba wants the dinner to take place.

He's all too excited about the wedding,always making sure to remind us that it has to be the best of the best because Alhaji Sanusi's two sons are getting married on the same day.

Baba can also be too dramatic.

"Ahmad you don't look okay? Did you two fight or something?" Salman asked seeing my mood.

"No Safaa and I didn't fight,Salman do you think this is a good idea?" I inquired.

"What?"

"Getting married to Safaa when Mama is against it" I sighed desperately.

"Well to be honest Ahmad,I don't know whether this is a good idea but then keep praying to your Lord,He is Al-Aleem after all"

"Yes he's surely the All knowing,but I prayed brother and am still praying but I still don't want to stop the wedding because of Mama"

"Then let's pray she accepts Safaa and you know what? Safaa is such a darling,Mama will love her when she gets to know her better"

"I hope so" I said and each of us went home in our separate cars.

Our house particularly Mama's side has been bustling with her relatives just because the wedding is in month.Left to me and Salman we adore a simple and low-keyed wedding but our parents want it otherwise.To avoid their yodeling and ill comments about my soon to be bride I went straight to Mommy's side.

"Ango" Abidah cheered upon seeing me abandoning her bowl of popcorn.

"Your husband likes letting you out Beedah" I said pinching her cheeks.

"Ouch that hurts,I just finished talking with your wifey" She grinned.

"My stubborn wifey,She's giving me a hard time because she doesn't want the pre wedding pictures and Salman insists we take as many as we can" I complained.

"Haba? Ta ma isa? (She won't dare) I will talk to her" She cried out munching on her popcorn.

"No don't,She's all moody this week,We don't want to on her bad side now do we?"I chuckled making Abidah giggle too.

"Don't worry,It's the wedding jitters"

"You have no idea,so where's Mommy?"

"She's inside her room,have some popcorn"