eight

I ran my finger over the covers of the books on the shelf, thinking about the conversation I had had with Louis the day before.
Did it mean that Harry had done something bad in the past? I pictured the curly haired young man into my mind. He didn't seem the kind of person that would do something as terrible as Louis had hinted. But honestly, I didn't even know him. He could've been way more than what he showed me. In a bad, or in a good way, I didn't know. I just hoped it would've been a good one.

I shook my head, deciding to stop thinking about it before getting too curious for my own good. My finger had stopped on a black, thin cover. I pulled the book out. At the bottom of the page, a name shined in white characters. Bukowski. I was just about to open it, when someone skipped next to me.

"My break is now, let's go grab something to eat."

I looked up at him, and put the book back in its place. "Sure, Ni. Is Liam free as well?"

He shook his head. "Nope, the bastard is too busy getting fit in the gym to care about us."

We walked to the door of the small library.

"Shouldn't you be happy about it?" I asked, opening it.

"Can't you see? I'm grand" he replied. "Honestly I'm a bit worried. He's been so busy lately, we barely have some time for us."

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure he just had a lot going on at work" I reassured him, walking into the Starbucks next to the library. "The usual?"

"I hope so! And yeah" he said, walking in behind me. "By the way, have you heard the news?" He added excitedly.

I ordered two cappuccinos and a blueberry cupcake. "Oh, please, enlighten me" I said, knowing that that was exactly what he wanted.

"Zayn is throwing a party tonight!" Niall said as we were waiting. took his cappuccino and his cupcake and started walking in front of me, backwards, facing me.

"Please, no. You know I don't like him. He's affiliated with people I don't want to get close to."

He pouted, taking his cappuccino and his cupcake and starting to walk in front of me, backwards, facing me. "Oh, come on, live a little! Who knows, you might find a hot boy to entertain you!"

"Knowing Zayn, he'd probably be a drug dealer or something" I replied.

"Now you're being ridiculous! When even has Zayn mixed himself with dealers?"

"Niall, he brought freaking heroin at that party last year, what did you think, that it fell from the sky?" I whisper-shouted at him.

He rolled his eyes. "You know it was a one time thing, why won't you give him a chance?"

I glared at him. "He also tried to sleep with me!"

He snorted. "Seriously, is that the problem? You could've said it right away instead of bringing up the heroin mistake."

I almost facepalmed. I couldn't understand if Niall was really that naïve, or if he just acted like it most of the time.

"Seriously, though. I know he got mixed up in some bad stuff, but now he's doing fairly good, I really think you should give him a chance. He's a fun guy" Niall said, then got closer to me. "It's been really difficult for him, since... You know. He's just trying to find his way in life."

I sighed, giving up. "But I'll go back home before midnight. And I don't care what you say, I'm not drinking. Not even God knows what would happen to me in there if I wasn't in my right mind."

Niall almost squealed in excitement. "There's gonna be so many people, I'm sure you'll love it."

•  •  •