eleven.

He stared at the boy staring back at him.

The boy wore an expensive tuxedo and had sleek, dark hair. His face was freshly shaven; with a hint of cologne on his neck.

No one could've guessed that he was, in fact, a homeless boy. But he knew.

He'd always know.

"Miles?" she called from the other side of the door.

He shook away his thoughts and opened the door. "Hi, Elle."

"Miles!" she gasped as she looked at him. "The suit is perfect for you. Is it the right size, though?"

"Yes. How'd you know?"

"Hidden talents, " she shrugged, which made him chuckle. A smile grew on her lips when she noticed the way he shined. He looked happy, which he rightfully deserved.

  "Oh, you two look dazzling together! Power couple? I think so!" the man exclaimed, clapping his hands.

  She chuckled. "Thank you so much, Matt, for letting us use your apartment. I owe you."

  "Nonsense! It was my pleasure, " the man looked at him and smiled. "You know what? That suit is yours to keep. For free."

  "Oh, thank you, but I can't accept that–"

  "You're welcome and have fun!" the man cut him off before running away.

  "He's something, isn't he?" she commented and he nodded in agreement. "Come on. We got a party to go to."

  —

"Ms. Castillo, " a man greeted as he took her coat and his.

"Thank you, Robby, " she gave the man a bright smile before walking inside.

He was looking around and quickly caught up with her. "Elle–"

"Estelle, darling! You look magnificent. Tell me: where do you find your dresses?" a tall woman asked.

"Here's a tip, Helene. The most beautiful clothes are always hidden at the back of the store. Always, " she told her, which pleased the woman.

One after another, people complimented her. She had a personal conversation with each one of them, all of which made both parties smile.

But most of all, she introduced him to everyone as if he were someone she knew her entire life and deeply cared for.

Once they were finally alone at a table, he gazed at her in admiration. "You're really good with people, you know."

"Oh? How so?"

"You say things that make each of them happy. Like when that woman asked about your dresses or that man who wanted advice on how to catch a girl's interest, " he explained and she chuckled.

"Pretty good advice, too, " she pointed to the laughing couple on the dance floor.

"See? You have such a way with words and people, " he said. "It helps them. You help them."

She smiled at him, one of her smiles that sent his heart into overdrive, and leaned towards him. "Really? Because I remember a very special boy who helped a girl who he didn't even know. He helped her with his encouraging words when she needed it."

"Huh, doesn't ring a bell, " he cleared his throat playfully.

"No?"

"Nope. But...he does seem like a nice guy."

"He is. One of the best people I know, " she winked at him before looking at the stage, along with everyone else.

But he kept his eyes on her.

"We owe it all to Estelle Castillo, founder and CEO of Castillo Charities. Thank you, Estelle, " the man on stage announced and everyone immediately began clapping for her.

  "Thank you, thank you, " she smiled brightly at them while he gaped at her.

  When the music started again, he asked: "You brought me to a charity event? Your charity event?"

  "Yes, it's for work. This is a fundraiser for Castillo Charities, " she nodded.

  "You mean, you have more than one?" his eyebrows rose in surprise. "Sorry if I'm blunt, but how rich are you?"

  "Enough to give most of my profits to those who need it, " she answered and he let out a low chuckle.

  He already knew how generous she was but he didn't know she was that generous.

  "Elle. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met, " he blurted before he could stop himself. Her eyes widened at his comment; she blushed lightly.

  "Thank you, Miles..."

At that moment, he felt like the world revolved completely around her. She was everything he had.

  And everything he needed.