Chapter Thirty Eight

Could Blade really not be as bad as I thought he was? Or was the jerk only toying with my feelings? I couldn't like him. Not after hating him for so long. I'm a terrible judge of character, how could I let this happen. I scoffed at myself quietly and made my way to the house. I didn't even know what I thought of him anymore. Love him or hate him, I couldn't get him out of my mind, and it was driving me crazy.

Adam was exactly where the doofus lives - on the living room couch. I didn't get why he left his room at all, he could practically live in there and I wouldn't have cared.

Only the Beetle was in the garage, and it was obvious Helen wasn't home just by how quiet it was.

I gave a loud snort, "Where's Helen and Victor?"

Adam frowned and spat commands into his headphones and I waited impatiently for his reply.

"They're out," he replies simply not taking his eye off the television as he made a kill shot.

"Why don't you just stay locked up in your room with your dumb video games?" I hiss.

"I like the couch," he replies annoyed, "it's nearer to the kitchen."

I frowned at his back and one of his buddies shouted something and Adam hissed his reply.

"Well do the rest of us a favour and move the kitchen to your room and stay there."

He sneered and went back to bickering with his online buddy. I made my way to my room and slammed the door behind me. I scowled at the idiot downstairs cursing loudly at the video game and swearing Brett's name.

My fingers ran through my hair and I sighed deeply and flopped down on the bed and my body bounced right into a sitting position. I wiggled on the bed a bit but all I felt was the mattress beneath my bum nothing else.

This can't be right.

I stumbled to my feet and dug my hands into my pockets. They were empty. I checked and rechecked, digging around in my pockets but my hands came up empty.

Holy shit I lost my cellphone.

But when?... How? I paced about trying to remember the last place I had it. It was in my pocket at Mr. Collin's house I was certain of it. Did it fall out when I fell in the hole?

I swore and hissed and paced back and forth around the room. I was desperately trying to remember.

Think! Think! ****! Think!

Where did I have it last?

My mind was in a whirlwind and I swore again. I couldn't have left it in the hole because I had it when I got on the motorcycle with Blade on the ride home. I know I did.

It couldn't have fallen out.

It couldn't have. How could it? I would have felt it, I think. It didn't fall out, I know it didn't. But how was it missing? I faced around the room some more before I came to a halt, my heart panging in my chest.

Blade! Did that son of bitch! But how? That was impossible. He couldn't have. I would have known if he took it. Another jolt in my chest caused me to stiffen. The reality sunk in. Blade wasn't touching my butt was he? Of course he wasn't. As perverted as he was, he hadn't been touching my butt purposefully, the goon was removing my cellphone from my pocket.

I let out a growl and kicked at the bed. That asshole played me. All along I thought I had incorrectly judged him and he really wasn't as bad as I had been putting him out to be, whilst the goon was only keeping up the 'oh I'm a bad boy with a good heart' charade to trick me and I fell for it. How could I be so dumb? I should have known it was too good to be true. I turned the black stripes on his car pink and he forgave me that easily, how could I be so dumb? My mind was screaming to march right over to his house, but what if that's what he wanted. What if he was hoping I'd come running over to his house and Jude and Luka was waiting outside to tie me up again and throw me in the trunk of a car. I couldn't take the chance of walking into a perfectly laid trap. I fumed on and on at myself and him. Hanging out with Ossey and Phoebe was making me soft, there's no other way I would have fallen for this charade so stupidly. I wasn't developing feelings for him, I couldn't be. There had to be some other explanation. The doofus even said it himself, he has a way with women and clearly not even I was strong enough to resist his fraudulent charm.