Chapter 19

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

PLEASE :P

------------------------

Chapter 19

            I stood there on the street in front of the warehouse, shivering, hugging myself in attempt to preserve some warmth. Hadn't A told me to wait here? Where was he?

            Maybe I had misunderstood. Maybe he was not implying that he was coming back, and was now laughing at my misfortune.

            I literally felt like I had walked into a freezer. It was so cold.

            I wondered where the other men had gone. If they were still in the warehouse, they could be watching me right now too. My feet moved on their own accord away from one of the few lit streetlamps and into the shadows, attempting to blend in with the darkness, just as A seemed to do so effortlessly.

            That Boss guy had seemed a bit scary—almost as scary as A. But A hadn't seemed fazed by his gruff and threatening tones. Probably because he's equally as threatening and cold-blooded. And for some reason, this Boss wanted the emerald necklace, which was mine in the first place. What the fudge would a grown man want with a piece of jewelry?

            I made a mental note to keep badgering A to tell me what this was about. That is, if he doesn't decide to kill me.

            On second thought, maybe it was better to just let him tell me when he felt like it. It seemed like a good option where my fatal health was concerned.

            The revving of an engine behind me had me whipping my head around. A shriek escaped my lips as my eyes focused on a pair of headlights heading straight in my direction. I leaped out of the way just as the vehicle came to a skidding stop at the spot where I was just standing.

            Through the dark, I could see the outline of a motorcycle and its tall, hooded rider. "Hop on, Cupcake."

            My jaw dropped. "No freaking way am I getting on that thing with you!" Not to mention he had almost run me over.

            "What, you don't trust me?"

            I glared at his figure. "What do you think, Sherlock?"

            "I think that you're blowing off a perfectly good ride back home. But I guess you'd rather walk back in the middle of the night, and get lost, and maybe get raped by some hobo who has no one better to do. Doesn't matter to me. See ya."

            The revving of his bikes engine made me realize the reality of the situation. If he left, I was as good as dead. I'd be stranded in the abandoned area of NYC—with no way to get home, no money, and no food. Unless I met another hobo, I'd die alone.

            Before I could stop myself, I found myself calling out to him, "Wait!"

            His hand automatically clamped down on the brakes, a foot came down to rest on the ground, and his black hole of a face turned toward me. Somehow, I knew he was smirking. He motioned with his head toward the bike, wordlessly telling me to get on behind him.

            I let out a breath. It's okay. I can do this.

            I walked over to where his bike stood and swung my leg over the seat. "You better not let me fall off," I warned, my voice not sounding too shaky.

            He reached back, wrapped his hands around my wrists, and brought them up to encircle his waist. "Only if you hold on, babe."

            Holy fudging crap-cakes. A's torso was solid as a rock. I could feel the indentations of his abs through even the thickness of his cloak. My face was getting hot. No, actually my entire body was on fire. I mean, my entire front section was pressed up against A's back. I was practically hugging the criminal.

            I felt his chest rise and fall against my arms as he breathed. Did his breathing suddenly get heavier too?

            "And don't try anything funny, please," I added.

            His torso vibrated as he let out a chuckle. Was it just me or did the middle of an autumn night suddenly become as hot as a sunny summer afternoon? "No promises on that one."

            And then he stepped on it, and we were catapulted forward.

------------------------------

Short, I know, but it was all I could do right now :/ Sorryy

Click vote and comment your thoughts please! :)